1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Day time running lights

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Dismantle, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Dismantle

Dismantle New Member

I have a DA63T 2003 susuki carry. I need to install day time running lights to pass inspection and this is worrying me because I have no idea how to do this. Any one from Canada know what to do and how to get some DRL working ?

Your help would be eternally grateful.

Attached Files:

2. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

My best guess is you have to rewire the low beam so they light up as soon as you turn the ignition on.

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

There are led trim lights made to be fitted as daytime running lights (drl).

Search Amazon or eBay for: “led strip light drl”. Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=led+stri...fix=Led+strip+drl,aps,827&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_13

EBay link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ht+drl.TRS0&_nkw=led+strip+light+drl&_sacat=0

They come in various lengths, and either white, or two color white/amber. The good ones are weather tight, look for an IP67 rating, to be sure. They are self adhesive and you can bend them around the existing headlights, or install them where ever on the front you want.

Wiring is straight forward on the white ones. all you need is a ground, and hook the hot lead back to an accessory terminal on the fuse bank, so it comes on anytime there is power to the radio. The two tone are a bit harder, because you have to intercept the turn signal wiring, and the change of resistance may get the flash rate going too fast.

4. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

used to do OPI inspections all day long, DRL do not solely have to be headlamps. just get the sidemarker lights by the headlight wired up to stay on with the ignition, done

when i imported my last Sambar i did it the easy way, jumped 12V off the fuse panel and wired it to the front amber markers to stay on with the ignition. passed inspection, took 2 minutes to undo it all

5. Bigmac

Bigmac New Member

I have the exact same truck, getting ready for inspection also. From what I understand, you will need side markers, reflectors, high mount brake lamp also. Let me know how u make out with this. There is a park lamp bulb in each headlamp that could be used as DRL...

6. Borovoj899

Borovoj899 Guest

What is odd is that the code works ingame, just wont save. Is there any sort of work-around to this so that I can still exclude certain stations?