1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini truck blue book?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by thefuzz783, Sep 13, 2009.

1. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

Kinda like Kelly Blue book, or NADA. Anyone ever think of putting something together like this? With more and more states allowing mini's on the road, there is obviously going to be more newbie buyers.

It would be nice to have some sort of guide to reference, even if it was just on this site. Kinda like this:
    1995 Suzuki - Base $XXXX
    With A/C $XXXX
    Over X amount of KM's - Deduct $X
    Etc?
    The Base amount wouldn't even have to be an exact number, it could be a range of say, $1000 or so to account for the varying conditions of the trucks.

It might be something the dealers on this site put together, since they are the ones who know what wholesale is.

Just a thought. (though I've been known to have some pretty bizarre thoughts!)

2. zardoz

zardoz Member

I think this would be a great idea for the novice truck buyer/mechanic. As a former army mech I have a decent idea of what to look for... but I can see the newbie not knowing some of what they really ought to know.

z

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

that would also be nice if there was a base value book for when the unthinkable happens and you need a value for auto claim >.<

4. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

That's actually what made me think of this idea. My insurance company wants to know what the value is. They won't accept the value that I told them I paid for it.