1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SOLVED] Intake hoses smoking?

Discussion in 'Performance' started by ajcanady, Oct 7, 2022.

1. ajcanady

ajcanady New Member

Hello Everyone! First off, not a mechanic, so please explain things in layman terms when telling me I'm an idiot. :) I have a 1992 Subaru Sambar KS4. Quick background, engine was rebuilt about a year ago, and approx 1500 miles on it so far (Brand new carb from Japan as well) Everything was working just fine, ran fine, no issues..Next day, it starts to bog down when giving it gas, and I notice more smoke than normal coming out when I first started it. By the end of that road trip it was cutting out as if it was getting not enough fuel, too much fuel, not enough air...again, not a mechanic.

Took out the air filter. Black..... Smoke is coming out of the inlet hoses to the chamber? What is that smoke? Had to order new air filters, but its literally sucking it or pushing smoke into the filter. The inside of my air box is black. What are those two hoses coming into the filter?

Any help would be great!

2. ajcanady

ajcanady New Member

I posted this in the Subaru section, will mark this one as solved.