1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the PNW (Seattleish area)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Soldtheatv, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Soldtheatv

Soldtheatv New Member

Got my 1991 Suzuki Carry DB51T in my hands last night. 10k miles on the ODO and looks mint. I think I flubbed up though...... Ran it home (about 8 miles) and topped it up with 93 octane fuel on the way and let it sit over night. Now once it gets warm I get a knock or solid thunk after driving about 10 minutes at idle. I am betting fuel is the issue or older than heck oil.
    For those the PNW I did buy it from Eli at JDM. It is so clean I am almost second guessing lifting it and actually using it for work tasks.
    https://www.jdmcarandmotorcycle.com/1991_Suzuki_Carry 4WD Difflock_Seattle_WA_13006513.veh
    BTW is there a PNW JDM Kei vehicle meet up group?

2. Soldtheatv

Soldtheatv New Member

Replying to myself just because I want to:
    I love this tiny little truck and all of the manualness of it. I made a living driving terrible Isuzu Hino's back in the day and moved on to big offroad capable flat beds from ford in the days when I could still grow hair on my head instead of my shoulders. This rig makes me smile and remember struggling through rowing a 16spd gear box in a different way. 8k rpms!!!!! WHAT!!!

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Feel the same way here. Old 5+ 4 two stick & armstrong 18 wheel driver. Running around in these little skateboards is just about the best thing since sliced bread and is a pure joy to get around in. Mine is a 2002 Suzuki CarryVan and is about the smallest fully roadable vehicle I have ever owned. ENJOY!!!

Fred

4. Soldtheatv

Soldtheatv New Member

Awesome to hear Fred! My wife thinks I am nuts until she sees the grin on my face.

5. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Hey there! A belated welcome fellow PNW person! If you want to try for a local group, there is the North American kei owners club (linked in sig) which is just a FB group. First started out by a few of us here in the PNW about a year ago. No reall meets have happened, but there may or may not be plans for some in the future. I know one guy is trying to get a Kei track day thing started :D.

I'm over here in WA state on Whidbey Island. Got a Hijet that's been in the shop having lots of work done.

6. Soldtheatv

Soldtheatv New Member

Nice to hear from you Tuskano. Since my rig is a Carry and soon to be lifted I would not be up for the track days (seems like a bad idea to take a terribly handling rig into a corner hard when stock let alone made even more terrible at cornering! Lol) but would like to meet more folks with our odd (for the USA) vehicles. I will say it performed great in 4wd with the recent snow (and could barely move unless in 4wd due to the lack of weight in the rear). I had a hoot of a time cruising around my local area and counting the immobilized suvs while I drove past in my Carry just checking out the usual winter carnage. All that on the all weather stock tires. My neighbors think my tiny rig is fueled by magic now. Me: Nope. 4wd and a diff lock are amazing tools!

7. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Haha! That's awesome! Yea have not heard much on that track day I mentioned, but I found (aside from kei truck/car dealerships) that setting up things for keis like events seems to be difficult. Mostly on distance as some don't always want to trailer their little cars or trucks. I have still been away from my truck as it is still in the shop, so I missed out on going in the show. We managed to have some here on Whidbey during Christmas Eve and Day. Then there was a lot who don't know how to drive here too lol. Really wanted to just ride my scooter through it all but that never happened.

8. harley rose

harley rose Member

WELCOME Sold : I to have a 95 Scarry. Do you have a hi/low T-Case ?? What is your goal lifting ??? Have you decided on how ?? How much lift ?? For $700 you can make your truck handle like a gocart :) Coils, shocks, tires & wheels. IMG_7769.JPG IMG_7769.JPG IMG_7769.JPG IMG_7764.JPG IMG_7769.JPG IMG_7764.JPG