1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

found petition on Change.org to reduce 25yr limit in US

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by lava, Aug 9, 2022.

1. lava

lava New Member

I've been researching and web browsing Mini Trucks recently as I've become interested in getting one. During that I found this petition on Change.Org to reduce the 25yr limit on imported vehicles - the is the rule that keeps us in 25 year old mini-trucks as I'm sure you are familiar with.

I don't have much faith that signing this will bring some immediate change, but I do think its worthwhile to speak your opinion via petitions like this, and that they can lead to other organized efforts. In my browsing I've read about a successful effort in (my memory is failing me) North Carolina? that gained the ability to register and plate mini-trucks. So please sign if you are so inclined.

reduce the import limit at change.org

I think that newer trucks have more safety features like airbags, and anti-lock brakes, some semblance of crumple zones. And I think availability of newer trucks will make older trucks less expensive if those are your preference for working on them.