1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Front Receiver for 93 Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by 700saber, Oct 19, 2008.

1. 700saber

700saber Member

I have a 93 DD51T and I just picked up a blackline plow for it, but I haven't picked out a front receiver yet. Any recommendations? I am gonna bring the truck to work tomorrow...we have a full machine shop and I am sure the welders could rig something up for me...but as much as I like a deal, I like an easy simple instal even more. I was thinking of taking that front "bumper" bar thing off in the front and modify/strengthen it..and weld a receiver onto it???

2. dmerc

dmerc Member

If you're talking about the nerf style bar hanging down in front, the attachments aren't that strong. I DID use braces going to it, for extra strength, but bolted my main brackets up against the bottom, for example, the right one (as you're facing the truck), is actually right up against the big tie down hook under there. I bolted it up in 2 spots, then tacked it to the big hook. Left side, bolted up the same, then tied it into the reinforced area that has a big hole in it??? There are holes already in that area that allows you to feed the bolt in to drop in the hole you drill.

Nothing under there is all that strong tho', unless you somehow hook it into the big tube running thru' the entire frt end., inside the wheel wells. Looks like that would be tough, cuz you'd lose your turning clearance (this is all "as I recall") :D

3. 700saber

700saber Member

need a receiver asap...any site sponsors with reasonable rates into Canada??

4. cmaranto

cmaranto Member

Suzuki front hitch

Hitches are available from Allied Transportation. My understanding is that they are made to order.

Please note: Blackline suggests that receivers be mounted approx. 8 inches off the ground.

Chuck near Indy
    hoosierminitruck.com