1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air/Oil filters

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by tmikewww, Mar 2, 2008.

1. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

This week I purchased Air and Oil filters from "Car Quest". The oil filter was around $5.00. If anyone's interested, I'll post the part #s. I might add that the reference that I used came from this site. I can't remember who, but they listed a couple of wix #s that translated to the Car Quest #s. Thanks to the "poster" that put those up!

2. Colin

Colin Member

I've been using a filter for an '03 Forester with a 2.5L SOHC (EJ25.) Until recently, our computers here at Auto Value listed that as a Wix 51334. With our last JCON software update, that number has been replaced by 51365, which is smaller. I kinda like the big one, but it requires the removal of either the chassis brace or the right-rear wheel to install/remove. :D

As for the air filter, I'm planning on making a steel tube (similar to a cold air intake) and installing a cone filter on the end of it. Seems easier than importing a new panel filter.

Colin

3. eeric

eeric Member

Can you please the cross reference number? thanks!

4. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Like I said "I learned a valuable lesson" OEM..............

5. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

The NAPA 22143 air filters do not fit the early 90's Suzuki trucks.

I have a 1992 and have tried this filter. I removed the air box, installed the filter and found (using a flashlight, mirror and 3 hands :sly:) that the 22143 filter does not seal off in the canister. There are "fins" in the bottom of the canister that interfere with the filter and cause a 1/8" gap between the filter element and the housing.

The only air filter element that I have found to fit is an OEM. Actually I have tried three different filters and none fit correctly. Sorry for the bad news...but if there is a filter out there to replace the OEM, I have not found it. And I have tried....alot...

6. brumas

brumas Member

Hi,

I have two carrys one from 94 other from 95
    I have a Japanese air filter from roadpartner, but this thing doesn't fit on my air box. This filter is 160mm (162mm to be more precise) and the one that is there should be around 140mm.
    On the other Carry we were able to put it in with some good pressure and a lot of work, but on that on the old filter was the same size. I don't think this is a normal fit. I'm right?
    Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
    Joao

7. Bosco rosco

Bosco rosco New Member

Air Filter, NAPA 6159, fits perfect with miinor alteration. Sambar air filter has rounded cornors and NAPA 6159 have square cornors. Easily altered with scissors, very minor adjstment. Only $11.99

Bosco Rosco