1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adapting wheels

Discussion in 'References' started by larryn2o, Feb 10, 2008.

1. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

i posted some pics of wheels that i'm using. there seems to be an ongoing struggle to find just the right wheel & bolt pattern . i tend to be a bit oldschool hotrodder so i made what i had work. i started with a set of proline wheels that i got from Pepboys (Ebay) for $25 each . they are 13 x5.5 with 35 mm offset on the front i'm running 175/50R13 and on the back i'll be getting some 185/80R13 . they will give me 20% more top speed . this truck came with 145/90R10 tires .
    in the pics you can see that it took about an hour to mark and cut 4 wheels so that the 114.3 mm holes lined up on the 110 mm studs. each hole was cut out 2 mm to the inside.

left to do will be to install steel inserts behind the nuts to give them a larger seat . so far they seem to be doing fine .

you can get this done at the machine shop, i'm not sure of the cost. ( if you don't want your neighbors to see you standing on your head in the back yard)

http://www.minitrucktalk.com/galleries/showphoto.php/photo/344

2. Tom Notch

Tom Notch New Member

You will run into trouble operating the 4 wheel drive with different diameter tires on the front and the rear. Not a good idea.

3. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

my truck is 2 wheel drive only.