1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Canadian Mini Truck Importing Story Goes Here!

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by RVL1973, Jan 23, 2016.

1. RVL1973

RVL1973 New Member

I'm seriously thinking about importing a mini truck here to Toronto Ontario and want to learn from you. Please post your story with costs if you could to help me and others learn the process. Shipping, rail freight, other tax fees....
    This is what I have been quoted "$4500 on top of the winning bid including all Japan side charges, freight, rail transport from Vancouver, clearance and duty etc, and compliance." $4500 on top of auction win sounds a bit too much to me.

Thanks alot

2. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

oh yes I agree $4500 plus cost is criminal. the terminal is right on Annis island . this is where ship comes in. then they load it right on train. I have been quoted $900 to Calgary from port
    Tony

RVL1973 likes this.
  3. ttc

ttc Active Member

It was around 1600 to ship my hijet from Japan to Halifax roro. Truck was about 1600 at auction. 1000 for the exporter. We cleared customs. Cant remember the duty cost atm but truck has ac so that adds 100 more. 50 to get it out of port. Then the provincial tax if 12%.

RVL1973 likes this.
  4. ttc

ttc Active Member

Close to 5g in our driveway with repairs and mods. When local seller adverse plain trucks at 7g before taxes. We got hijet 3 way low dump 5 speed climber with diff lock and ac with 83000km needed fuel tank Cleaned new filters and plugs. Put munroe shocks on back and 250 springs in front. Rx7 rims and wallmart winters new cheep on kijiji. Plug Wires new and brakes new all around. Mirrors and one inner door handle stolen during shipping. Got new mirrors off yahoo Japan and a set of pads and shoes for spare.

RVL1973 likes this.
  5. RVL1973

RVL1973 New Member

What year hijet did you get? who was the exporter? Are we talking CAD or USD?

6. ttc

ttc Active Member

Pacific coast jdm and cad. Its a 95

7. RVL1973

RVL1973 New Member

What year hijet did you get? It sounds awesome, you should post a pic. I think Im leaning towards one as well with diff lock and dump too. They seem like a cool features.

8. ttc

ttc Active Member

Look for my post here or on import era forum. Dave a brave auto is also another exporter I almost went with

Tony Evers likes this.
  9. ttc

ttc Active Member

I would use brave next time as he has a shop and can inspect the vehicle after the auction.

10. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

What is brave web page. I'm always looking for a reliable exporter
    Tony

11. ttc

ttc Active Member

12. RVL1973

RVL1973 New Member

Anyone have an import story from Ontario they would like to share?

13. ttc

ttc Active Member

I here no roro to east coast for 90 days

14. RVL1973

RVL1973 New Member

why is that?

15. ttc

ttc Active Member

Apparently nothing coming this way.have a coworker with a legacy gt b that has to go to Vancouver and be railed

16. RVL1973

RVL1973 New Member

17. ttc

ttc Active Member

they would purchase a vehicle threw auction for you and export it to you.