1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YokohamaMotors.net -My excellent experience !

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by jwicker, Apr 14, 2013.

1. jwicker

jwicker Member

So, I bit the bullet and ordered a rebuilt carb for my 1994 HiJet from Don - at YokohamaMotors.net.

I emailed their info@ email address and got a reply that evening from Don.

After swapping my VIN and some preliminary questions, I was given a grand total including shipping.
    I paid via PayPal and was sent a USPS tracking number the next afternoon.

I ordered the carb on Wednesday.
    I got the trackin ifo Thursday and was VERY surprised when USPS dropped it off Saturday morning around 10am.

I'm approx 2 hours from Louisville and ~3 hours from Indianapolis.

The carb arrived nicely boxed and in a plastic bag.

The carb was around ¥27300 yen plus ¥4700 shipping.
    The dollar to yen conversion was around $306 total for carb and shipping.

I'm not sure if this will help anyone but I had a great experience with Yokohama motors.

Your mileage may vary.

Jw

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Most excellent,

I hope guys will give the process a chance.
    I just did a quick conversion for the DD51t Carburetor and it comes up to a total of $307 with 4700JPY in there. Slight differences for locations I'm sure, but I'll put in an order for the next repair session and give it a go. It's not like he can't get anything, right?

I sure hope he can connect to Canpost out of CYYZ or even CYVR.
    OEM is best of course.

Thanks for posting. I thought most guys just needed a little affirmation of a good experience with the overseas experience.

FEEL FREE TO ADD HERE GUYS...

3. Very knowledgeable, I've sent many customers to them to buy parts with no worries.

4. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Don...he knows his stuff and is extremely helpful...found me a rare rear diff. for my Mira when it grenaded on the highway on me...very fast shipping.