1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Year of Production

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Ninmaxx, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Ninmaxx

Ninmaxx New Member

I have a Daihatsu Hijet Climber that is said to be an 89, is there anyway I can confirm this?

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Should be on the seatbelt tag. I have also found production month/year on the brake line. ;)

-Greg

3. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

I am not sure if it is a 100% perfect way to do it... but we go by the seat belt tag also.

4. Ninmaxx

Ninmaxx New Member

On the seatbelt it says 1990, I'll check the brake line too. Thanks!

5. greg0187

Does it have a 550 or 660 engine. I think if its a 550 its an '89

-Greg

6. Ninmaxx

Ninmaxx New Member

It's a 660, so that makes it an 90? Could it be possible that it could be a 91 with 90 seatbelts?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
    Pugz likes this.
  7. greg0187

I don't know for sure. I think its safe to say its a 90' though.

-Greg

8. Ninmaxx

Ninmaxx New Member

Ok thanks!! =)

9. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

year model

Everyone of these trucks that come into the USA will have a certificate of export from Japan or where ever it came from. That paper will tell you what year the truck is, aswell as ser. # and a few other points of interest. If your dealer doesnt have it, his broker will( the guy he buys from)have the original cert. I give my retail buyers a copy of that certificate. I keep the original. To some degree it looks like a title to a regular car here in the states. Now once you get that cert. you have to get somebody to translate it. I use a college student at University of Texas (HOOK UM HORNS) Terry

Pugz likes this.