1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

year model?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by ky hillbilly, Jan 13, 2008.

1. ky hillbilly

ky hillbilly Member

i am going to look at a truck tomorrow how do you tell the year model? i am new to these things the owner does not know either. he said it was a 3 cylinder 5 speed with dif loc. with 70,000 klm. asking 3400 any thing special i should look at ? any help would be greatly appreciated.... thanks .

2. Youngauto

Youngauto Member

Seatbelt check

Have a look on the seatbelt. There is a little white tag on it which will say the year it was manufactured.
    That is unless it is torn or faded beyond recognition.
    Hope you can see it. :)
    Also, check the sound of the engine by stepping on the accelerator and giving it a bit of a workout. Release that and see how well it returns to idle. Listen to the sound and see if it has a steady rhythm to it. The idle speed will probably be high, but that is normal for the start. Wait a while to see if it goes down a bit.
    Look around the truck for obvious rust. In the bed, around the engine / engine hatch, underneath. Look at the muffler for any holes or rust. Check the battery compartment for any corrosion. Look at the wheel nuts and axels for eccessive rust / wear.
    Are the seats good or interior clean. Often someone who has taken care of the inside has taken care of the inside as well.
    If it looks and sounds good, give it a bit of a test drive. Then let your intuition guide you. If you feel it is a good truck and want it, consider the purchase. How is the dealer? What feeling do you get from them? If you have trust in them and believe they are reputable, buy the truck and enjoy the joy it will bring to you.
    Hope you find a gem. Diff lock is more of a rareity so good luck.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  3. ky hillbilly

ky hillbilly Member

thanks very much for the info i will see what i can learn thanks.........