1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

year model

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by mini rookie, Dec 29, 2012.

1. mini rookie

mini rookie New Member

brought Mitsubishi mini truck at auction how to find year model, starts good ,won't idle. help please

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

The tag on the seat belts is usually best way to determine year.Most idle problems can be taken care of with a generous dose of Seafoam,also check the 2 water lines to carburetor as they plug up and mess up the choke.Just take them loose and blow them out.A lot of problems can be solved by just driving the truck like with most vehicles but these little guys seem to be particularly finicky.

3. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

I had carb problems with mine from day one. She would not even start, just backfire loudly, and shoot flames from the exhaust! Could not find a rebuild kit, so decided to take the carb off and disassemble. I was VERY careful, and managed to remove and disassemble/clean the carb, and re-assemble with the old gaskets and o-rings. She has run fine for almost 3 years now...and I know I have cursed myself by saying this! LOL!

Chris in Aguanga, CA