1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

year ID of new truck

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by lawdog49, Sep 11, 2010.

1. lawdog49

lawdog49 Member

Can anyone tell me how to determine what year model my newly acquired Suzuki carry is? The number stamped below the driver's seat is DD51T-372021. I measured the extra set of wheels the previous owner gave me (with street tires on them, easier than going out in the rain today and measuring the wheels on the truck)- and they appear to be 4/115. Can the 'VIN' last 6 #'s be deciphered to determine year model? Truck has 4 speed, and the tag behind driver on pillar says it has the F6a engine. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

2. erixun

erixun Member

Seems like there was a thread that had a link to a site that had some year decipher thing with the vin, it escapes me now:confused: sorry...

**EDIT--- try this thread--- http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=5124

But you can check the tags on your seatbelts near where they mount, I guess seatbelts have a "shelf life" and would have been installed within six months of the year on your belts. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  3. lawdog49

lawdog49 Member

thanks. shows to be march of 1995- which is consistent with the 1995 on seatbelt tags.