1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yeah this is really stupid

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by werase643, Apr 20, 2010.

1. werase643

werase643 Member

where does the spare tire go . . . besides just laying in the bed?
    the carry has a spot above the tank....

2. erixun

erixun Member

On what type of truck? I removed my spare from over my tank because I installed a rear bumper. Not sure where they are supposed to be mounted on other trucks.

3. werase643

werase643 Member

um.... a Mitz minicab

4. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i dunno offhand but maybe google image mitsubishi mini truck and see what comes up.

5. Dan

Dan Member

i'm looking through the manual and can't find any reference to a spare tire, service jack or tool kits... doesn't look like it was designed in to the mighty mits. I've had a variety of other branded trucks and they all have the tire mounted underneath between the frame rails in front of or above the fuel tank.

6. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

I can tell you where they are on my '94

A hinged bracket holds the spare against the bottom of the fuel tank.

The jack and tool pouch fit into the little tabs behind the driver and passenger seats.

Attached are a couple of photos that I hope will help.

Robb

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  7. werase643

werase643 Member

thanks, I see if any of the brackets are there

8. Dan

Dan Member

my americanized leftys look nothing like that. there are two piece seats with no hinge to the back and the tank has no indention for a tire or the brackets.

9. 3banger

3banger Member

minicab spare tire

My U15 Mitz van has it under the tank, too. There's a hinged holder that has a hook hanging under the starboard side and bolt you loosen with a lug wrench.

10. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

my 92 mitsu is the same as zazenmaster's right under the fuel tank :)