1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamagin and Dirty Trucks

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by terik, Jul 17, 2008.

1. terik

terik New Member

Has anyone had problems with Yamagin shipping dirty trucks?

The Canada Customs officer made an exception and let us into their bonded warehouse to see these trucks, because they were the "dirtiest ones" she had ever seen. This my first container so I don't really know if this is as bad as we were made to believe or not?

Customs would not release these trucks until we had hired someone to wrap them and tow them to their wash facility. Our bill for washing and storage came to $9920 for this load, and Yamagin is refusing to take any responsibility for this problem!

Am I an exception or is this something that is happening a lot?

Attached Files:

• YG1.JPG
      YG1.JPG
      File size:
      33.3 KB
      Views:
    • YG2.jpg
      YG2.jpg
      File size:
      35.5 KB
      Views:
    • YG3.jpg
      YG3.jpg
      File size:
      37.6 KB
      Views:
    • YG5.jpg
      YG5.jpg
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
    • yg7.jpg
      yg7.jpg
      File size:
      43.4 KB
      Views:
    • yg8.jpg
      yg8.jpg
      File size:
      44.7 KB
      Views:
    • yg9.jpg
      yg9.jpg
      File size:
      45.4 KB
      Views:
  2. prdjim

prdjim Member

Is this your first load of mini trucks?

Thanks for giving them a commercial.

Jim

3. prdjim

prdjim Member

What port?

4. terik

terik New Member

Yes it's the first load... and the port was Vancouver.

5. prdjim

prdjim Member

I don't know about Canada, and their rules etc. I don't need to know.

Welcome to the world of being a mini truck dealer.

6. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

That is a pretty bad load. Lucky you even got to keep it. Now they usually just turn the container back.

But no, that has happened many times. You will likely never get any compensation from your exporter. That is an expensive lesson to learn.

I hear they are really getting strict, and if the smallest spec of dirt is there they are refusing entry.

7. Subaru

Subaru Member

That scares the hell outta me.
    My can is due for customs inspection hopefully next week in Calgary.If I have to pay another $10 000 ,they can keep the trucks.
    Sorry to hear about it though.

8. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Oh, and prdjim, I personally don't think he is promoting the exporter. In fact, I would think he is doing quite the opposite.

9. teeshka

teeshka Member

Go to ivoac.ca website, there is an explanation there about contamination. You must have received your trucks before July 1 as they say after that date, the containers will be sent back to Japan at your expense, no option to wash. There was a lot of dirt on your trucks by the photos, exporters are supposed to high-pressure wash vehicles before shipping. Apparently, a half cup of dirt in a container is enough for refusal. Finding a reliable exporter is half the battle. I would contact a lawyer, but I wouldn't hold my breath, it may cost more than it's worth. But it still might be worth the $200 consultation fee to find out where you stand.

10. Actually, they are already a sponsor on here so it doesn't matter
    PS:
    We had a container stopped due to dirt being found on the trucks and they all had to be removed and re-steam cleaned and then loaded back on the container, I think the total charges were about 2700.00 but my exporter covered the fees on the steam cleaning

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  11. prdjim

prdjim Member

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. You probably won't have any recourse. You can try, but those were yours when you wired the money (including the dirt). I've been here, and all you can do is learn from it.

Also, fremontminitrucks has been here too. But he didn't promote, slam, endorse, marry, or divorce any supplier.

Jim

12. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Terik and I spoke about this problem and I was so flabergasted about the fact that the exporter would take no responsibility. After all, its all their fault and not the importer.

We've had inspections done on our Canadian containers, and all have passed with no issues. Most exporters are very good about cleaning trucks. But reports like this would make any importer nervous.

13. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yamagin shipping dirty Trucks to Customers

Terik,

I realize it's been some time... but did they ever take care of it and pay the cleaning costs?

14. terik

terik New Member

No, they didn't give us any compensation. We took it directly to the CEO and they refused to take any responsibility.

15. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

Yea there are not a lot of good things to say about Yamagin so I won't say anything. Call use and we can take care of you on your next load. We make sure none of that ever happens. There could be HUGE costs if rejected at customs.

816-272-9770