1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow - Well there's your problem - Rotor and Distributor cap failure pics

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by kitimat, Jan 14, 2013.

1. kitimat

kitimat New Member

One of the big reasons for my poor little Mitsubishi's lock down in the garage has been found. I heard the rotor and distributor caps on these went quite often, but was shocked when I took off the old one. The pictures don't really do it justice, they look more white, but in reality it looks like they have been splashed with yellow sulfur. Friends of mine said it looks like my little truck must have washed out of the Fukushima nuclear plant, washed up on the shore of BC where some crafty salesman bought it and sold it me. But I digress, I put in the new rotor and cap and it started like it was brand new. First time in a month. mits rotor and cap (1).jpg mits rotor and cap (2).jpg mits rotor and cap (3).jpg Still have to run Sea foam through the intake, and track down a vacuum hose that has broken off of somewhere, still has a plastic nipple bit stuck in the tip of the hose which looks like it broke off of something, ah well next days off...

2. rynow

rynow Member

hey is there any kind of water resistant sealant that can be put on a replacement one?
    Mine has no rubber gasket-like thing to prevent moisture from getting in there.

Sorry if that"s a dumb question.

I imagine that is why they go bad often?

Thx

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

you may have to trace the cap onto a piece of old inner tube and cut a gasket to fit under the cap...