1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Workshop manual for Daihatsu Hi-Jet EF-SE 660CC EFI

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by chjeewan, Oct 6, 2009.

1. chjeewan

chjeewan New Member

Hi
    does anybody have the service/workshop manual for Daihatsu Hi-Jet EF-SE 660CC EFI model? I am from Sri Lanka and my trucks' check engine light is turned on.I need to get the manual to repair it on my own.If you have this, please send them to me or share it.To send them directly to me, just drop me a mail on this forum and I will let you know my personal mail address to mail the manual.Even if you can point me to anything that is helpful, that is fine too.
    Thanks,
    -Jeewan

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I don't think they exist in the american market as translated manuals. You might be able to find one in Japanese on ebay or something... but thats about the extent of it.

3. chjeewan

chjeewan New Member

hmm.:(
    Thats bad news then.Anyway, do you know which pins should I jump in diagnostic connector to read the engine error code from the dash board lights.I found one such article and it says jump pin 4 and 13.But pin 13 is empty on my trucks' socket.Any tips?

4. greg0187

I'm pretty sure its OBDII. Which means you need a scan tool to read the codes, in turn this is another problem because most have had little luck with scan tools. According to your other post... You have some serious problems. It sounds like you have some serious wiring problems, or most likely need a new engine computer. I'd start with finding the fuel pump relay to see if its stuck on. Its under the seat, You should be able to swap it with other relays that are in there in order to test it. More than likely the computer is sending the signal to the fuel pump relay constantly just like it is to that injector. My money is on computer. Has the truck been in a flood or anything?

5. chjeewan

chjeewan New Member

Thanks !!!
    I will go alone with your tips.Certainly worth trying.Do you know which are the populated pins in OBD connector of this vehicle? I too think that this is a serious wiring problem.If I am not wrong, even in OBDII systems, we can flash the dash board light and get the error code.Problem is, even here in Sri Lanka there are very few scanners that could scan Daihatsu vehicles. truck was not in flood or anything as such.It was running fine and this light came on accidentally.
    Any way, highly appreciate your prompt responses and let you know my findings.
    Thanks,
    -Jeewan

6. TerryKnife

TerryKnife New Member

7. greg0187

8. chjeewan

chjeewan New Member

Fixed it

Ok guys,
    I finally found the issue.Actually there was three of us working to fix this.There was a short circuit between the injector line and the body.So the injector is turned ON always.and that place, for some reason was brushed severely and oxygen sensor wire too is short circuited and later broken(see attached picture).I fixed it with tapes, but still the check engine light is ON.Oxygen sensor is fine, I tested it.Ignitions issue is resolved.I am thinking, due to the short circuit problem, ECU might got one of its driving circuits burnt out.I am hoping to swap it with a working one and lets see how it goes.For the time being, this is more than enough for my work.
    Thanks very much for everybody who helped me all the way through.

Attached Files:

9. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Good job finding that:)

10. The S210 series manuals will be out in November.

Cheers,
    Don

11. Nuwan

Nuwan New Member

Hi
    does anybody have the service/workshop manual for Daihatsu Hi-Jet EF-SE 660CC EFI model? I am from Sri Lanka and my trucks' check engine light is turned on.I need to get the manual to repair it on my own.If you have this, please send them to me or share it.To send them directly to me, just drop me a mail on this forum and I will let you know my personal mail address to mail the manual.Even if you can point me to anything that is helpful, that is fine too.
    Thanks,

12. shogun

shogun Active Member

you can buy it here https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/tkojames Daihatsu EFSE, EFVE, EFVN, EFDET Series Engine Factory Service Manual 1999 to 2009 $39.98 plus shipping, 120 pages Daihatsu EFSE, EFVE, EFVN, EFVD, EFDET Series Engines Factory Engine Overhaul Service Manual, ISBN 9781304517432
    https://www.amazon.com/Daihatsu-Engine-Factory-Service-Manual/dp/1304517438

Electrical Service Manual https://www.amazon.de/Daihatsu-English-Electrical-Service-Manual/dp/1257797476

https://www.abebooks.com/9781257797479/Daihatsu-Hijet-English-Electrical-Service-1257797476/plp

13. shogun

shogun Active Member