1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wont start

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by mrflmeg, Feb 28, 2011.

1. mrflmeg

mrflmeg New Member

i just got a honda acty i think it is a 93 but i am not sure. when i got it i was told it needed new vacum lines and that is why it ran rough. i got it a put a new bettery and fuel in it and it cranked over beaututifuly but wouldnt start so i gave it a little time to sit like 1 hour and then it started but wouldnt stay on unless i gave it gas so the next day i tried to start it but it wouldnt start so dose any body have any ideas.

2. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

How long had it been sitting unused before you bought it? Because my first thought is it getting enough or any fuel. The carburetor could be varnished up if it's been sitting for a while and it could just be the float is stuck. Take the air cleaner out and try squirting some starting fluid in the carb and see if it wants to run. That will tell you if you have spark. If it doesn't at least try to fire on starting fluid then I'd start at the spark plugs and work my way back to the distributor.

3. mrflmeg

mrflmeg New Member

thank you it has been sitting for about a year

4. OldMachinist

The fuel in the tank may also have gone bad if it's been sitting for a year. Take the fuel line off the side of the carb, direct it into a clear container and have someone crank the engine to see what the gas looks and smells like. The fuel pump only runs on these when you crank the key or its getting a signal from the igniton module that the engine is running.

5. mrflmeg

mrflmeg New Member

do you think i should check the roter to make sure it isnt rusted

6. OldMachinist

Only if you don't have any spark.

7. mrflmeg

mrflmeg New Member

Is it easier to take the bed off and work on it or should I leave it on

8. OldMachinist

You can get to the carb, vacumm lines and spark plugs by removing the engine access cover in the bed. After you remove the cover you have to remove the plastic cover over the carb to work on it. The distributor and fuel filter is under the right side of the bed and are easy to get to by laying under the truck.

9. mrflmeg

mrflmeg New Member

How do u get paper work on a Honda acty I got one From a friend that got a sea container full of mini trucks it came from china but he said there was no paper work so I was corious how to get paper work so I could take it to public trails and the desert

10. OldMachinist

In order for them to get into the country there had to be some paper work. US customs would have required it. When they come from Japan there has to be a export certificate but you say they came from China so I don't know what they would have had. Ask the question in the General Truck Info section one of the importers may know.