1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by rst277, Aug 8, 2011.

1. rst277

rst277 Member

Does anyone have a S83p wiring diagram that they would not mind sharing with me?

Thanks, Ralph

2. Jim pecoraro

Jim pecoraro Member

Did you ever find that wiring diagram?
    i was looking for one also

3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Jim,
    I'm sure that you noticed, rst277 hasn't been around since July 18 2017, and his post is from Aug. 8 20011. I have a 89 Daihatsu hijet, s81lp. I downloaded all of the electrical schematic info I could find of this site.
    The schematic that I did find, didn't even come close to my vehicle. I chased an electrical problem, in my spare time for months! Finally, I tore the whole electrical wiring harness apart, going over inch by inch, testing, and checking continuity, relays etc. etc. I finally made up my own wiring schematic fixing things as I went along. Mine is not an everyday driver so I could do that. I wish that I had better info. Good Luck!
    Limestone

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The smallmotorhome Site in the Uk has a manual for the Euro-spec S83 which was the basis for some small motor homes. It is downloadable. But, I’m not sure how relevant it is to the JDM version though.

5. Jim pecoraro

Jim pecoraro Member

Thanks, it's worth a shot
    This the place you were talking about?
    https://community.smallmotorhome.co.uk/

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

I think so. Haven’t been there in a year or two.

7. Jim pecoraro

Jim pecoraro Member

I didn't see it. They had a manual for the s85, but didn't see one for the s83

8. Jigs-n-fixtures

The S85 is the 4-cylinder version. Much of the stuff, that isn’t engine specific usually crosses over. I can’t see them making a separate wiring harness unless they had too.

9. Limestone

I've never seen a wiring harness, use the same color scheme in different gauge like I encountered on mine. A black wire with a yellow stripe in 8 and 14 gauge. Then, when I would trace two wires going into the harness, and one coming out. I just didn't understand, then only to return back to two wires again 3-4 feet later. I can't believe it was done to save wire! This was done in other wire color schemes and gauge wires! I just have a hard time trying to believe why this was done. I finally just tore the whole dash out and redid the whole harness! Fixing a few spots, and problems, along the way!!! These are great little trucks for what they're designed for. But look at all the Electrical problems, and Carb. problems, everyone is experiencing! It seems to me, all most across the board!
    Limestone

10. JMM

JMM Member

I have no idea if this will help (nor do I recall where I got it), but here's a PDF I found on my PC.

Attached Files:

ionstorm66 and Yzzid like this.
  11. Limestone

JMM,
    Thanks, That's the one I got off the forum, and it doesn't apply to my, s81lp.
    Limestone

12. Duke Selinium

Duke Selinium New Member

I have an s81P 1990 Daiahtsu Hijet Dump from Japan and I need this wiring diagram.

You said this one isn't the correct diagram for the truck limestone?

13. Jigs-n-fixtures

Limestone has an S81LP, the left hand version imported to the US as an off-road grounds vehicle.

It may be correct for your S81P. There were more difference in the two versions than many realize.

Limestone likes this.
  14. Limestone

Thanks Jig's! He is correct!

15. Duke Selinium

Duke Selinium New Member

The Schematic has "S81LP" written on it. So that was just a mistake? Is this definitely for a right hand drive S81P Hijet or S83P Hijet?
    If not, anyone know how to get your hands on a legitimate schematic for this truck?

16. Limestone

Duke,
    Understood, that's why I thought, along with others, that it was the right schematic. It doesn't match my unit! Try your luck! In the meantime, if you run across the right one for my truck, please forward it over! Thank you, and Good Luck, because I can't seem to find one, that is correct for my truck!
    Limestone

17. Jigs-n-fixtures

This is the wiring schematic in the back of a technical manual for the “Off-road” Hijet from 1993.

Attached Files:

Catman101, woopee and Limestone like this.
  18. Limestone

Jig's,
    I'm going to look closer at it later, but that looks pretty darn good! Right off the bat, I can tell that it's diff. than the other one! Thanks!
    Limestone

19. Limestone

Jig's,
    That sure looks pretty darn good to me! It's a lot closer than the other one, that was listed before, that was supposed to apply to mine! Let me know, how I can get a copy/with legend in a paper form! Thanks!!!
    Limestone

20. Jigs-n-fixtures

After I get back in the office, I’ll have access to a larger flat bed scanner, and can get the edges. Right now it doesn’t quite fit, onto the “Legal Size” flatbed my buddy has.

I can send you the pdf, and you can print it out.

woopee and Limestone like this.
  21. Limestone

Thanks, Jig's!!!

22. woopee

woopee New Member

I am also a Left Hand Drive Hijet owner. My tuck was originally owned by a University here in Middle Earth. I also collect LHD diagrams, manuals, and other goodies. I haven't figured out why all of the manuals are kept so close to the vest, but they seem to be extremely hard to locate. Thanks Jigs!