1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SOLVED] Wiper motor is very slow

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Alligqtro, May 13, 2021.

1. Alligqtro

Alligqtro New Member

Hello,
    My wipers are very slow even on the high setting. I want to take a look at the wiper motor and see if something is stuck or needs replacing.

I can't find the wiper motor - do I have to pull the dash?

Also do you think the motor is going bad or something else? I have a 1993

2. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

The wiper motor is on the far left side directly underneath the windscreen. You *might* be able to reach it by shoving your arm up to the left of the glove box, but replacing the motor or lubricating the mechanism will require pulling the dash.

I would try lubricating the whole assembly before chalking it up to a bad motor.

3. cop on my back

cop on my back Active Member

If you find the motor is bad, I do have a spare. I found mine was slow as well but with the engine running and the windscreen wet, speed was good.

4. Alligqtro

Alligqtro New Member

I went for a drive in some light rain today and I think you're right! It was surprisingly fine.

But you can access the motor from the glove box once removed.

Now to find out where the flasher relay is since I replaced everythingwith leds and now everything is hyper flashing. I think I heard it's somewhere in the dash

5. cop on my back

My flasher relay was just at the base of my steering column bracket. It was to he same situation for me and changed the flasher for a digital one, worked perfect.

6. Alligqtro

Alligqtro New Member

So probably no need to go digging in the dash?

I'll take a look later and see if I can find it.

Thanks!

7. cop on my back

Should be easy. Turn the hazard lights on and feel around for the flasher relay clicking.

8. Alligqtro

Alligqtro New Member

You're 100% correct. It would be hard to miss it's just floating out in space right under the steering column.

Pic for reference if anyone else is looking

Attached Files:

9. cop on my back

Yup, same as mine.

10. toddbrew

toddbrew New Member

they don't seem to need fast wipers since the windshield has such a steep vertical angle.
    I thought the same thing but have driven in som rain storms and was just fine.