1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter tires advice for S210P

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by trucknut, Sep 20, 2022.

1. trucknut

trucknut New Member

New owner here, with zero knowledge about cars other than driving, so be patient with me ;)

Got a 2006 S210P and I love it! But now I am trying to get winter tires and realizing it's quite a challenge, so I did some research.

The truck came with stock 155R12C (West Lake SL305) tires which are listed as being 21.65" in overall diameter.

Finding 13" wheels in Canada seems almost impossible so I am considering going all the way to 14" as there are more options, and I would prefer not to lift the truck, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

I found a set which I think (in numbers) could work: 14x5.50+38 wheels, with 165/65R14 tires, which are listed as having an Overall Diameter of 22.40"? Because of the witdh I would need an spacer, plus I'd need to go from 4x100 to 4x114.3.

Is the listed "Overall Diameter" to be trusted? The tires would only be less that 1" bigger, which could technically fit as is, without lifting it.

Any thoughts?