1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windshield washer pump

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by highijet, Sep 13, 2009.

1. highijet

highijet New Member

Has anyone had any issues were the windshield fluid will not come out of the sprayer. Does anyone know where i can get a new pump at

2. dishmans2

dishmans2 New Member

3. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

I have a 90 Carry and the wiper fluid would not come out of the wand due to a crap buildup in the lines.
    Pull the line off at the pump and then try to pump fluid. If stuff comes out at your pump it is good and you just need to blow out the wiper fluid lines with compressed air.

4. drickey

drickey New Member

I had the windshield washer pump fail (it seized) on my Suzuki Carry. I went to a local auto wrecker. It turns out the pump is identical to ones used on newer Suzuki cars. There's no need to removed the fluid reservoir as the pump simply snaps into place by hand. It looks like the pump itself is glued together so I don't think it can be rebuilt. If you find a used one, be sure to get the rubber seal, electrical connector, and hoses.

5. Tomcat0188

Tomcat0188 New Member

I just got a 1988 Honda Acty Truck and the washer pump was gone. Reservoir tank and lines was there. Don't know what the pump looks like.
    Does anyone know what pump will work or what model vehicle has a similar one. Thanks in advance.