1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windsheild wiper water pump not working...Fuse?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by unclejemima, Nov 15, 2012.

1. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Is there a specific fuse for the windsheild washer water pump? Mine is not working. The truck is a super mint 94 crawler with 11,000km on it. Works fine on my beast 91 Acty SDX with 75,000km...so I'm hoping its just a fuse on my 94 crawler?

I looked at the fuse diagram and don't see anything specific to the wiper water pump motor, as the wipers work fine.

[​IMG]

2. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Lucky Man U have a crawler. I would start by testing and making sure u r getting power to the pump if u can't find a fuse it might be wiring

3. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Oh by the way u should post some pictures of the truck too

4. shogun

shogun Active Member

On my 1997 Honda Acty HA3 truck the pump was clogged. I removed it, on my HA3 the washwater tank is located under passenger side seat (RHD), I removed the pump and also blew compressed air thru the hose to the washer nozzles, now it works again.

5. Dokkieinmyhand

Dokkieinmyhand New Member

I would jump it to 12v very quickly to see if it works. If it doesn't I'm sure some pumps from a civic will work just as fine there not to bulky either

6. shogun

shogun Active Member

Next problem fixed. Today it was raining and on passenger side the rubber foot mat got wet. Water drops were running down on the front metal plate below the windshield. Checked the windshield seal, all o.k. Then I found that the passenger side washwater jet nozzle was slightly lose, apparently the sealing gasket deteriorated over the years. Could slide in with my hand from below the dashboard>>>> above the radiator cap and sliped upwards and could feel the wet area around the spray nozzle.
    part number of a complete new spray nozzle assy is 76810SJ6J01 76810-SJ6-J01
    https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Honda&ssd=$DRcYX1ZaWnIBBwVbV0AGTUFcVnMGAxUXOVhNXVhVc2d8XVc7AwYEBUxdUE4rVAdUX1VScnVKUBkEFFdzfHQBTWt2CgYvCmYBc3xwcG9KGxpbV3QB$&vid=119004&cid=183&uid=4568

But no real access from there. So I removed the glovebox and had access. BUT you need very small fingers, as it is in a hole of the front plate. Added a new o-ring from my o-ring box and some liquid seal, installed again, tested with garden water hose, all dry now. Will also do the driver side, probably have to remove the instrument cluster to get to it from behind, do not want to break the clipses of the spray nozzle.
    Easier way of course is if you just add from outside some silicone window sealer.
    But as we need for the socalled shaken (roadworthy test and we get a sticker for 2 years) also a working window washer system here in Japan, I fixed it, also to prevent rust in the interior area below the windshield.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  7. shogun

shogun Active Member

windshield washer nozzle passenger side did not work. Tried first a sewing needle to push into the nozzle, did not work, then I noticed that the wiper metal nozzle has a 90 degree bend inside the nozzle #8, used a flexible thin wire to clean up as much as possible, after that a thin stream came out, not yet enough. Then I used brake cleaner, opened the plastic tube a bit of the brake cleaner nozzle to get it fitting onto the nozzle tip and then blasted the brake cleaner in, apparently that losened all the accumulated dirt in the check/1-way valve # 3, washer nozzle works again and a nice stream comes out
    https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/gen...c3xwcG9KGxpbV3QB$&vid=119004&cid=183&uid=4568
    Here in Japan the windshield washer system is checked when we go to the bi-annual road certification check

the nozzle looks similar to this pic https://static.baza.farpost.ru/v/1477424954724_default