1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winch on my '92 Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by SaskCarry, Apr 13, 2010.

1. SaskCarry

SaskCarry Member

My red "stretched and pimped" Carry has bumpers with receivers front and back. I bought a 3800 lb winch and mounted it on a piece of 2" tubing so I can pin it into either reciever. I ran #6 cables from the solenoid (mounted in the cab, behind the L seat) to both bumpers and have capped connectors there. I put leads and a plug on the winch to connect to the cables. The control switch is in the dash, by the steering wheel. Now I just have to get myself in trouble so i can winch myself out in either direction. I'll post some pics soon. I also put a boat rack on the Carry and plan to extend tubing from it down along the front corners to connect with the bumper. I want to protect the windshield from branches, etc. It might also help give me a false sense of security if I meet up with any deer on the road ;)

2. o8k

o8k Member

post some pics! it feels so wrong of me to push you, as i post like this all the time and am too lazy to snap a photo. But it is helpful to see with pics.

3. SaskCarry

SaskCarry Member

check out the pics in my album. "Red Carry with winch and boat rack"

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  4. o8k

o8k Member

nice truck! like the rack you put in the truck bed. Ive been wanting to do something like that. May have to run down to the metal shop soon for more stuff..... =D

5. SaskCarry

SaskCarry Member

Whoever it was that emailed me about the wiring for my winch, please do it again or better yet, do it here on the forum so any info I give can be shared with everyone. I expected to see the message here so I dumped emptied my email by mistake.

6. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Nice setup, wish I had the bushguard before I met the tree.... I also have a 3700# warn on a cradle that can be reciever mounted front or rear, just waiting to invent a front mounting bracket I feel safe with!!