1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win A Mini Truck! Benefit Raffle

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by wtnminitrucks, Apr 17, 2008.

1. wtnminitrucks

wtnminitrucks New Member

Drawing will be Saturday, April 26th, at 12:00 pm. All ticket payments need to be in by 10:00 am CST Saturday morning, April 26th.

Thanks Again to Everyone for Your Support!

Kelvin Kendall

On February 25th, my uncle Ted Kendall was severely injured in a logging accident. He suffered the following injuries: 5 skull fractures, 15 face fractures, 2 broken vertebra in his back, 2 broken vertebra in his neck, 1 broken rib, broken collar bone, broken shoulder blade, and bruised lungs. He has also lost his vision in both eyes but is seeing light. He spent 6 weeks in the Critical Care Unit at the Elvis Presley Trauma Center in Memphis, TN. He is currently continuing treatment at a Nashville hospital.

We are having this benefit raffle to raise money to go towards the purchase of a van for his transportation. He has a long road to recovery that will possibly require months of rehab.

The truck we are raffling is a 91' Subaru. There is nothing wrong with this truck at all. It is a great truck and is ready to go. Shipping is the responsibility of the winner.

Tickets are available here: http://www.wtnminitruck.com/WIN_A_MINI_TRUCK__.html

Questions? Call Kelvin at 731-538-2722

Thank You for Your Support and Prayers
    The Kendall Family
    West Tennessee Mini Trucks
    Troy, TN 38260

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  2. Heiny57

Heiny57 New Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. I bought one. Is there a way to buy more?

I wish the best for your uncle, hang in there.

Bob

3. wtnminitrucks

wtnminitrucks New Member

Thanks so much Bob! And thanks to everyone on this forum for the response and support we have received so far!

If you would like to purchase more than 1 ticket you can go to Paypal and send payment for any amount of tickets you want to the email address kelvin@wtnminitrucks.com

Thanks Again for Your Support and Prayers
    The Kendall Family
    Troy, TN 38260

4. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I just bought 20 tickets. I hope he gets better!

5. wtnminitrucks

wtnminitrucks New Member

WOW! Thanks Kevin! The support has been phenomenal from this great group of people on this forum.

Keep Ted in Your Prayers!

The Kendall Family

6. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Member

I bought a ticket earlier today. I hope your friend is doing well with his recovery. Being from Maine, I certainly have a soft spot for loggers. This is one raffle I hope I lose - I never win them anyway. It would cost me over $1600 in gas and a Uhaul rental to get the truck back to Maine not including food or lodging.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

7. Sorry to hear about your uncle man :(

These things are never easy...

We'll pray for a speedy recovery...

Rick

8. Heiny57

Heiny57 New Member

I'm a bit computer stupid .......I didn't see a way to buy more than one. I'll try again.

How is he doing ?

9. Subaru

Subaru Member

Not sure how this is going to work,but I just bought some-hope my name makes it ino the draw,but more importantly,I wish your uncle a speedy recovery.....

and if I win there is no way I will ship truck back to Alberta,so there may be more money for the fund in that case

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  10. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Just go to paypal and send him whatever amount you wish noting that it's for the raffle in the subject line. That's what I did. He sent me a nice note with my ticket numbers. :)

A bit ironic but I first saw the raffle notice when I came in from doing some logging on my woodlot.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  11. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I picked up 5. Every little bit helps.

All the best,
    -Greg

12. wtnminitrucks

wtnminitrucks New Member

We really appreciate the prayers and support from the folks on this forum. I just wanted to give an update to everyone who has asked how my Uncle is doing. He is still in the hospital and will probably be there for sometime. It is a wait and see game now. He is his old self sometimes and everything he says makes sense but at other times he has hallucinations. Hopefully this will get better as he has time to heal from the head injury. He has not regained his eyesight yet either. The doctors have been more concerned with his head injury and will deal with this once this has improved. Ted has been in a hospital bed since Feb. 25th and I know that has been enough to drive him crazy anyway! The next step will be rehab and hopefully things will start improving once that begins.

Thanks for Your Support!
    Kelvin Kendall
    The Kendall Family

13. wtnminitrucks

wtnminitrucks New Member

Winner of Mini Truck Benefit Raffle

CONGRATULATIONS TO LORI BERNER OF UNION CITY, TN !
    WINNER OF THE MINI TRUCK BENEFIT RAFFLE !

I want to thank everyone for their help, support, and calls during this benefit for my Uncle Ted. There were 158 tickets bought online and most of those were purchased by the thoughtful people here on this forum. Keep Ted in your prayers.

Kelvin Kendall

Attached Files:

14. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

:) Glad we were able to help with the cause.

15. Subaru

Subaru Member

glad to hear it worked out for you.
    only 158 bought online-how many in total?I bought 5 myself,and with almost 1200 members,I would have hoped the numbers of sales to be way higher.
    Maybe 1 of our fine exporters will donate another truck?:rolleyes:

16. wtnminitrucks

wtnminitrucks New Member

$10,140 was raised in ticket sales and donations so we are very pleased and thankful to everyone who participated both online and locally. Ted may begin rehab tomorrow so we are very excited about that. He still has a long road ahead but I believe and pray things only get better for him now.

Thanks Again to Everyone for Your Support and Prayers!

Kelvin Kendall