1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wild problem with engine accelerating out of control!

Discussion in 'Mazda Scrum' started by vegetax007, Sep 24, 2013.

1. vegetax007

vegetax007 New Member

so was having issues lately with my scrum with the truck not wanting to start. I was just simply getting a large click and nothing else. I had tried switching batteries and such. I finally found my engine ground was a corroded wire braid that looked like junk. so I changed it out with a heavy gauge wire to the same locations. I even took off some paint to get a better connection. But since then I have a wild electrical problem where the truck starts fine. But if i turn on my lights it goes full throttle!!!! I turn off the lights and everything slows down. What is weird I can pull back on my light and turn on just the high beams/passing lights without any issues. But as soon as I twist on the lights it goes nuts?? I am not sure where in the wiring to start or why this is even possible. I have a 1994 engine f6a v-DK51T. so if anyone has any ideas or a wiring diagram that would be awesome. I haven't had any luck finding any. Thanks for any help i can get.

JR2 likes this.
  2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Ha, ha, yea that's funny. It's doing what it's supposed to do, you just have to turn down the acc idle screw.
    Get someone to turn on the lights for you, like you say, and look at the back of the carb. You will see the lever moving, then from that you can find the adjustment screw. Try the interior fan on hi, or when the cooling fan comes on, should be same result.

It's only funny because we've all heard about the ghosts before, but really they're not. Just knowledge of the trucks.

3. vegetax007

vegetax007 New Member

Awesome. Thank you for your reply. I am glad I am not loosing my mind. I would have gone through every wire on that truck looking for the gremlins. I will try and look at it tomorrow or the next couple of days depending how crazy work is and the newborn son. I will post what happens.

4. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Oh man......ya mean that wasn't the cruise control?..........hahaha

5. vegetax007

vegetax007 New Member

That would be one heck of a cruse

6. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Hahaha depends on when and where ya happen to be when it kicks in I guesshahahaa

7. vegetax007

vegetax007 New Member

I would end up on the local news. Anyways I have to wait until the weekend to look at it because family things.

8. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Awww man........I'm sorry.........seems their is always something taking me away from playing with my mini-mog too.......dang it any way.,...Hahaha right now mine just happens to be a starter I ordered almost 2 months ago hahaha

9. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Not that long, its been a month. But sure feels like longer hahaha

10. vegetax007

vegetax007 New Member

Sorry for the late reply but you guys were dead on with that carb adjustment. I went through the carb and cleaned it up so it could move freely. Plus I am finding that my ground wires to the battery are getting corroded. So I am going to replace the battery and motor ground. Thanks again for the help with the gremlins.