1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White "Touch-Up" Paint

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Danimal, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Danimal

Danimal New Member

I was wondering if any of you have found a close match to the stock white color paint that so many of our trucks are clad in. I'd like to do some touch up to my frame, and a couple other spots that some surface rust has developed. My newer beast is a 1996 Suzuki.

Obviously, a rust preventing type of paint would be ideal.
    These trucks all seem share an off-white color, so I was wondering if anyone has been through this "matching process" already with off-the-shelf products and where did you get them from.

TIA! :pop:

2. Subaru

Subaru Member

For touch ups I found Subaru glacier white to be very close.
    Even tremclad semi-gloss looked like a freshly painted truck-I used this to redo a bed of a truck.
    I found these trucks have a lot of smog? on the paint, changing the white to a dirty white.A good medium rubbing compound and about a days worth of work made my truck look like new.
    Maybe i had one of the dirty ones,but until I started cleaning,I never realized just how dirty she was-looked good when I unloaded it,but looked awesome when I sold it.