1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which truck to choose

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by brandonrol, Aug 29, 2007.

1. brandonrol

brandonrol Guest

If you had your choice which truck would you get and why. Parts availability, durability, features, etc.

The reason I ask is I'm going Saturday to pick one up...the guy has about 50, so I just thought I'd get some input from some people that have them.

2. Colin

Colin Member

Depends what you're doing with it.

There have been a few occurrences of this same question on the forum - do a little search.

If you're lifting it, don't get a Honda or Subaru. If you're doing anything else, do get one. :)

Colin

3. brandonrol

brandonrol Guest

I've been doing some reading...I just want some unbiased opinions...like what you told me about lifting. Thanks

Plans basically are to lift and take to the hunting club. I was gonna stay away from the honda because of the all time 4wd...not needed. and I'd like a diff lock....not sure all that have them. And doesn't one model have the rear mounted engine? Probably not good for the mud either :)

4. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

I have several very happy Mitsubishi customers.

5. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Nice, but why did you post that in this thread....has nothing to do with the topic. Also your website is not up and running yet?

6. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Thought the guy was looking for choices of trucks and found this on uTube and thought I'd pass it along.... looked different.

7. Titan Mini Trucks

Titan Mini Trucks New Member

We try to stick to selling Mitsubishi's and Suzuki's, so my experience is limited. Having said that, The Mitsubishi has a roomier cab than the Suzuki. The Mitsubishi has a 5 speed transmission and the Suzuki has a 4-speed transmission. Due to this, the Mitsubishi does tend to drive better if you have any roads at your camp. Our experience has also been that power steering is more common with Mitsubishi's (not really a big deal, though). My choice for the woods would be a Suzuki with axle and diff lock. My partner likes the Mitsubishi better for the woods.

My .02 worth.

Jeff.

8. brandonrol

brandonrol Guest

Perfect...thanks

9. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Ya, we sell a lot of Suzukis. Also, the Daihatsu Hijet Jumbo is good too. It gives room behind the seats for storing gear (and guns). I just bid on one today that was automatic with AC!

10. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Where are you getting it from?
    -mark

11. brandonrol

brandonrol Guest

Mississippi...I can get you the phone number if you'd like...

Thanks for all of the input everyone...I got a 1995 Suzuki...and found 1000 japanese yen in the dash :) too bad it's only worth about $8.50 american...cool find though