1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to go?

Discussion in 'United States' started by firejonny89, Jan 18, 2012.

1. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

ok so i just found out last night when i got to work that i have over 55 hours of pto that i will lose come april if i dont use it. im thinking of using it and taking the mini somewhere but not sure where to go. i live in southeastern indiana with in an about an hour of both louisville ky and cincy ohio.

there will be three or four of us going in early to mid march (not set yet) for a few days. looks like we will be headed south a lil bit but im not sure which to go to i got it down to three. brimstone tn coal creek tn and knott county ky. i believe all are with in 5 hours for us. now for what it needs to have. we are taking an rv so it will need water and power 30apm for we dont have a gen. right now and some fun trails to ride. also need to allow pets we have to medium sized house dogs who are going along. any help from someone who has been to any would be great. last but not least anyone who would be free around that time and want to meet up would be a plus never have to many riders to hang out with thanks guys!!

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Ever heard of land between the lakes? http://www.lbl.org/

Never rode the trails myself but I have been deer hunting in this beautiful area. Haven't heard anything bad about the 100 or so miles of trails available.

Unfortunately thats all I have to offer.

We could hit Tootsies Orchid Lounge in downtown Nashville if your looking for something different. :D

Happy trails!
    -Greg

3. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

sounds fun but looks fun but didnt look like they had full hook up or main thing is power lol for the rv but thanks ill keep that in mind and do i even what to ask what that place in town is lol

4. kioti2008

kioti2008 Member

ride there a lot

if u decide on knott co le me no id be glad to meet up with u and ride i live about a hour from there

5. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

kioti2008 i will let u know do u know if the have their full hook up rv sites up yet ill call this week if u dont know lol

6. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

ok looks like coal creek is the spot we are going i have an email out with the a few question just to wrap it up befor i hold our spot there. march 12 is the week we are going if anyone want to meet up please let me know

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  7. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

One week and a day till we head for the hill to go riding down at coal creek TN. Sad to say no one has said anything about being in the area but that is understandable i know im always busy. If anyone is in the area 12-16 look for the only mini there. (just guessing there wont be any others) Ill make sure to take pictures and see if i can not tear anything up to much. If all goes well ill try to plan a trip in the fall. If any one would be interested in going sometime last spring or fall drop me a message. Be glad to work with you on the time frame. Well i still got a lot of work to do winch still not finished. Ill post pictures soon as i can.

8. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Ok so on the way coal creek on Sunday the big truck 98 gmc fuel pump went out half way. So once we got it fixed took a whole day we left out again Tuesday and was detoured off the interstate for a hill slide and once we got to where we could get back on there was a bad accedent one person died so we waited 2 and a half hours there. We vot to coal creek as the sun was setting (up a huge hill to the camp ground) we set up and called it a day. My buddy and I took the mini out this morningto look around and wow the trail from the camp to the main tail head was FUN. I I was shocked that the mini did so well little slower than I could have done it on the quad but it did great and that was not even the main trails yet ill have pix once I get home in a few days for you guys