1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy insurance in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Griz, Dec 23, 2008.

  1. Griz

    Griz Member

    I have a truck for sale & a buyer who wants it but can't find a insurance company to sell him insurance on Japanese mini trucks. This truck is tagged and insured now. I got my insurance through American Farm & Ranch, Hobbs insurance agency in Haskell, OK. 918-482-5286 They require that you insure all your vehicles with them
    I have a friend with a mini that he got insured through State Farm, Agency in Broken Arrow, OK. Sorry don't have the name & number.

    Now that these mini trucks are street legal here in Oklahoma there must be several agency's that insure these trucks. How about all Okies that are driving there insured trucks listing your insurance agent's name and phone number.
  2. mcbride68camaro

    mcbride68camaro New Member

    We have all our mini trucks with a local agent in Perry, OK. It is state farm agency.
  3. Mighty Milt

    Mighty Milt Active Member

    if you or any family member is a veteran you can get insurance through USAA... that's who insures mine and it's cheap too.
  4. Archer-Andy

    Archer-Andy Member

    Another Vote for State Farm

    I insure my house, my wife's two cars, my Silverado and my Suzuki Mini Truck all with State Farm. My State Farm Agent had never seen one of these mini trucks when I first approached them about insurance. They thought it was cool. I believe it is declared a recreational vehicle, driven less than 8,000 miles per year. I have full coverage for about $135 a half.
  5. Rickster

    Rickster Member

    I am an agent in Oklahoma and can write "liability only" for them with Progressive for around $110-130 / six months depending on your driving record, of course. They don't require your other vehicles and we can do everything over the phone and fax if you have a credit card.

    The Myers Agency, Inc. Ponca City, OK (580) 762-6363. You would ask for LuCinda.

    I am not going to get rich on a $12 commission, but it is an easy option for people to insure these things.
  6. Windmill

    Windmill Member

    I got mine thru Farm Bureau. Full coverage for $6000 for $165/ 6 months.
  7. RoadRanger

    RoadRanger New Member

    Just found this site. Very excited. My wife and I are planning to buy her one soon.( I may get lucky and get one later???) We'll need to finance it though. Which means a bank. Won't the bank require more coverage than liablilty only? We are in Oklahoma too. We are so going to enjoy this forum. Thanks.
  8. henryettadukes

    henryettadukes New Member

    I insure mine with local State Farms Insurance / full coverage with $250 deductable for $162.00 every 6 months.
  9. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    I'm getting ripped off compared to the rest of you all. :) State Farm for $226 every 6 months. Liability only.
    But for me, this is still the cheapest. (of course, I don't get a discount because the house/other autos are with a different company) Had to go to State Farm specifically for this one truck.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  10. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    $110-130? That's an excellent deal. We called LuCinda and she said the cheapest she has seen was closer to $150 and it was an older model.
    Nice lady though, but we couldn't go with Progressive because the quote was closer to $231 every 6 months (liability) for our Hijet.
    This is of course the mini-truck only by itself. If someone were to have their house and other cars on there, maybe it would be a good deal lower with discount.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  11. rayallen

    rayallen Member

    Golly I am embarrased....My 94 Dah only has liability of 100- 300- 100 on it and with a FARM tag it cost me a BIG $ 54.00 for 6 months with American Farm and Ranch Ins Co. Haskell, Ok.......ray allen
  12. rayallen

    rayallen Member

    jtpc...Maybe you should look at what your home and other car ins is costing you and then have American Farm and Ranch give you a quote. I have yet to find another company that can give me ins for the same rate. I have everything with them including workers comp ins for my farm hired help. ray allen
  13. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    Thanks Ray, but I'm done insurance shopping for the moment. :) I'll just live with the current rate. No one around here could beat the house/other autos for me to switch all my business over to them (and most won't insure a mini-truck just by itself)
    So it ended up just cheaper to pay a little more and do the mini-truck on its own. Good news is State Farm is also insuring my horse trailer (which most won't do either without further business) and really beat everyone else on that, so I'm happy.

    Thanks for the information though. I'm sure your insurance would definitely try to be competitive (though I've found most are having trouble coming close to AAA on the rest of my stuff), but I don't really want to have all my insurance in a different town.
    Just feels good to be able to drive a few miles here into town if I need to talk to them, ya know?

    But hey, I'm glad everyone does seem to be finding ways to insure.
  14. Rickster

    Rickster Member


    Thanks for calling LuCinda. I wish it would have been cheaper for you. You are the first one we have quoted from your area and I am not sure how liability rates compare, but it looks like they are higher than in Ponca City. We just wrote a 99 Mitsu with Progressive located here in Ponca for $134/ 6 months that was 100/300/100 limits. Keep in mind there are a lot of other factors that determine the premium other than the vehicle (i.e. location, liability limits, prior accidents, age of drivers, etc.)

    I am sure you will be good with State Farm. They are a great company and appear to be writing minis here as well for a competetive premium. Even though I am an agent, I might track down Ray Allen's deal. How can you beat $54 / 6 months?

    Thanks again for checking with us,

  15. svrstrms

    svrstrms New Member

    WHOOHOO! Finally got insurance for our Mitsubishi mini truck. Thank everyone so much for the info. I called Lucinda (Now Brenda) and got insurance for $129 for 6 months. Now I can finally tag it.

Share This Page