1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where does the SeaFoam go?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by NefariousYellow, Jan 13, 2017.

1. NefariousYellow

NefariousYellow New Member

Hi everyone!

My 89 Sambar has been sluggish. While I await for my parts to do the tune up, I got some seafoam. I already poured some in the gas tank. But ive seen videos where people spray it somewhere in the engine.

I took a picture, can anyone tell me where I should spray it?

Attached Files:

2. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

I think the seafoam spray (aerosol version of the seafoam liquid) gets sprayed into the air intake while the engine is running. The exhaust should get smoky for a bit. These directions should be on the seafoam spray can. If you just have the liquid, the gas tank if fine.

3. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

I was a mechanic for years and my boss made us run sea foam through vehicles brake booster line, it was the liquid version you can put into the gas tank as well. Did nothing but make a hell of a smokeshow as far as I'm concerned, carb tuning and fuel filter would do your engine more good than seafoam

4. gmillioni

gmillioni New Member

everyone wants a mechanic in a can as though a liquid is going to restore broken, over used, dipidated parts. sometimes you got to spend the money. gerald