1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you work alone you have to get creative

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by JMM, Nov 4, 2022.

1. JMM

JMM Member

I was getting tired of having to go fetch mini when working in our woods. Not 100% happy with the mounting points for the struts that support the brush guard/receiver--just those two 14mm bolts on each side of the subframe (I may beef that up)--but this should be good enough for government work for now. Yes, I did have to cut the bumper.

20221104_170833 (2).jpg

Limestone likes this.
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

There are mount points under the front for the two factory towing hooks. 4@8-mm bolts per side.

When I built my bumper to carry my snow plow, I ran a piece of channel back to the differential carrier cross piece, and added riv-nuts on both sides of the steering pivot to take most of the load. Looked to be the three strongest points on the front of the truck.

t_g_farrell and Limestone like this.
  3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I agree with Jigs. It's easy to add reinforcing channel or square tubing, and or even angle Iron. Many choices.
    Your also smart for being creative, and using the front square tube, Reese style hitch mount! Been doing it for years,
    and have convinced others along the way. It's amazing how many square tubes I find laying along the side of the road in the City.
    The knuckleheads never secure their loads.
    Nice Job, JMM!
    Limestone

4. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

I spy, a Harbor Freight free LED mounted between the seats.

5. JMM

JMM Member

LOL yes you do.

6. JMM

JMM Member