1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheel recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by smokeyboyz, Mar 13, 2010.

1. smokeyboyz

smokeyboyz New Member

hi i am looking to buy a set of wheels for my 1997 mitsu dump and i do use the dump it has a lift 3" i think. I hate spraying the sides of the truck with mud when the wheels stick out. I thought i would get your opinions

Thanks
    Nick
    Ohio

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

155/80/12 or 155/70/13 not much else I can think of

3. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

An additional recommendation would be to drop that 3" lift to a 2" lift. It will save you hundreds of dollars in axle repairs.

4. smokeyboyz

smokeyboyz New Member

i am talking about wheels not tires i have Carlie tires 23" already but can't pick a rim type out

5. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Wheels for a mini Truck?

check out Vision or Super Grip wheels. They have the highest load rating for a wheel that fits the mini trucks the only exception to that would be a steel wheel.

6. smokeyboyz

smokeyboyz New Member

ok i will check those out Thank you! Any pictures with rims on trucks would be nice as well?

7. smokeyboyz

smokeyboyz New Member

Can you put the carlie 23" tires on a stock steel rim?

8. Dan

Dan Member

[​IMG]
    I am running 23" carlies on 12 x 7 steel rims.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  9. smokeyboyz

smokeyboyz New Member

nice dan i like the fender well cover are those stock rim size they look a lot wider than my stock spare rim. stock rims might be 12x3 or something like that right?

10. Dan

Dan Member

the americanized lefty's came with a (turf) tire option that was wider and the fender flares were standard from the factory. the regular rims are 12x5 unless it was only two wheel drive, then it came with 10" rims on smaller studs and drum brakes all around.

11. 3banger

3banger Member

I put toyota Tercel wheels on my Mitz Van (looks like Dan's). I had them cut the core out of the front ones to clear the electric hubs. offset worked out great.

I've got 13 rims now with the tallest tire but can't remember the size at the moment. They're DOT and gave me about 15kph more top end.