1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the Difference?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by mattdv, Mar 21, 2010.

1. mattdv

mattdv New Member

So what is the difference between the Suzuki DB51T Pickup and the Suzuki DD51T Pickup? Thanks

kastles

2. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

About 107 cc I think

3. mattdv

mattdv New Member

Did some more looking at different websites from dealers and mini-truckers and they all seem to have the 660cc engine. www.mini truck.ca lists them as different vehicles but the small amount of specs they give are the same for both. I'll post if I find the reason.

kastles

4. redgreen

redgreen Member

The DB is just an older model, in the 90-91 range approx. It is however possible to have the same year designation since the Japanese don't use the manufacture date to determine the year like we do in North America.

5. redgreen

redgreen Member

ps

Search old threads. Minibrutes has a complete description of the differences.

6. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

DB51T is 1990-1991.5

- Radiator under seat
    - manual (belt driven) cooling fan
    - squareish dash
    - slightly more leg room than DD51T

DD51T 1991.5-1998
    - Radiator in front bumper with electric cooling fan
    - more modern rounder dash
    - due to dash design, slightly less leg room

In addition to the cosmetic differences (Different glass, interior, etc), there are differences in the transmission (Different input shaft which mean different clutch) different control arms, different tie rod ends, etc.

Performance? About the same. One could argue the belt driven fan sucks more power, however I have had both styles seem to perform on par with each other.

If you are trying to pick one, take the DD51T if the less leg room isnt a problem. It remained relatively unchanged from 92-98. (There were changes in a few things like wheel bolt pattern, control arms mainly around 95-96) We have more parts in stock for the DD as it seems many other places do as well. In muddy conditions, I like the front rad better as it is easier to clean out. The rad under the seat can be harder to clean or even see if it is plugged.

If you have long legs, the DB51 may fit you better.

Jeremy

erixun likes this.
  7. Doddy

Doddy Member

Thanks! lol gave me some info, you never no what you find where in these things.

8. mattdv

mattdv New Member

Thanks for the info guys. That leg room thing is kind of important to me :)

9. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

Is there more leg room on newer trucks???

10. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

99+ , yes. but not legal in Canada.

11. zardoz

zardoz Member

I'm 5'10 ... not over tall by any means but fit quite well in my 93 zuk (and love it!).

Good luck with whatever you end up with

z

12. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Yup. The DD51T is my fav overall truck.