1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's left???

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Wolfman, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

OK, I've been having issues with the emissions fault light coming on for quite some time. It has now been on constant since the day the plug wire fell off, causing the hard miss, and pretty much rendering the plugs garbage. I put another new set of plugs, the wires look fine, as does the cap and rotor. I installed a new air filter, and cleaned up the oxy sensor again. The fault light still remians. I also found the idle control screw, and fixed my low idle problem. The truck is literally running like a champ, but the infernal light will not go off? Options? Ideas? Wild *** guesses? I'm stumped.

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Have you gone through a number a start cycles since fixing the idle/plug/etc. problems? If I recall, some CE lights go off by themselves after a certain number of cycles once the problem that tripped them has gone away. Consider that a Wild *** guess! ;)

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

No I have not. Experience in the past has shown that this light will go off as soon as the cause has been fixed.