1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What year model do I have?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Elk Man, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Elk Man

Elk Man New Member

I just bought a Suzuki that I was told a 1997. Where do I locate the info on the truck that will indicate what it is?

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

check seatbelt tags, it's usually about that year or maybe a year older?

Trey 4x4 likes this.
  3. Elk Man

Elk Man New Member

The belt tag indicates model :frustration:TX 521-P355 1998
    So I have a 1998, where can I find drive train information, etc?

Trey 4x4 likes this.
  4. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

Hi Susan...welcome to the forum:D i have been trying to sort my model numbers too:frustration: but know body knows...it sounds like you know of some one:cool: please let us know, this would be great information.
    wyatt

5. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

an add on....here is my model #V-U42T HFSV 5 AND THE SER #U42T-0103020

Trey 4x4 likes this.
  6. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

Also the wheels should have a date stamped on them somewhere.

7. Scrumoftheearth

Scrumoftheearth New Member

body #

Look at the right front wheel well curve in the cab. The floor mat should have a U shaped cut in it. Under this cut will be a body #. Similar to DB51T-07C . Copy this # and do a web search, or contact me at newsavedone@hotmail.com, or post the # at this site and I will look it up for you.

Trey 4x4 likes this.
  8. tspe2006

tspe2006 New Member

I work at RSM mini truck sales in Jackson Mi. The only true way to find out exactly what the year is is to look on a chart that we happen to have from Japan. the seat belt is not accrurate because the Japs use the seat belts until new rules come about then they change the seat belt and the tag.. look up www.usedminitrucks.com and any questions call and ask for steve. He will set you straight on the year so there will be no guessing and if ya ever need parts we ship directly from Japan, any part needed. I am in the process of modding my 99 Mitsu and hope to have pics posted soon. Hope that this helps..