1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What wheels should I buy?

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by greg0187, Jan 28, 2009.

?

What wheels should I buy?

1. Cragar Soft 8s

73.3%
  2. American Racing Baja

26.7%
  1. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I'm limited on my choices of a 15x7 wheel that will fit the jeep axles I have. Which one should I buy?

Cragar Soft 8s

[​IMG]

or
    American Racing Baja

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. jtpc

jtpc Member

Black would be my choice. I had chrome on my Jeep Wrangle Unlimited and ya always had to worry about damaging the look. Black is worry-free. :D

3. 350v8s10

350v8s10 Member

What are you going to be using these for. Are the American Baja wheels polished aluminum or chromed?

4. MeZ

MeZ Member

are they going on the truck in your avatar?
    id go for the chrome

5. dwink

dwink Member

I like black, but the chrome would probably look sharper on your rig. Your already dreamin about wheels? Do you have the axles mounted?

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice choices either way (I hate those wheels that have a bunch of fake bolt heads and other non-essential go-gaws on them!) Are those silver ones actually chrome or polished aluminum? Purely from a looks standpoint, and since you ask for opinions, I like the silver on a nice, colored truck like yours. Black, to me, just looks good on more flat paint, camo, olive drab sort of vehicles.

7. greg0187

The silver are polished aluminum. The black are painted steel. The black are half the price of the silver ones. I like the silver ones, because they are aluminium, but alot of people are going black these days.

-Greg

8. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

I can't believe no one said it already...

"once you go black, you never go back!"
    :D

I like the look of black on these trucks as it really adds to the off-road appearance. But the polished would really pop on your blue truck.

Tough choice...

9. greg0187

I was thinking this when I wrote that.

Here's the tires I got If that helps.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Greg, The polls a dead heat.
    Guess that means you do one side in black, one side in aluminum :D

11. andy_george

andy_george Member

Here's a vote for aluminum!

-Andy

12. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

the soft 8's will be a lot easier to weld beadlocks on :D

13. MeZ

MeZ Member

i just dont think the black will suit the colour of your truck unless it had a polished lip?

14. greg0187

One thought. Nothing is silver on my truck except for the grill. I have a black delta tool box and black bumpers, trim etc... I plan on painting the frame black as well.

15. Windmill

Windmill Member

With the tire you are going with I would go with the black.

16. andy_george

andy_george Member

Well, you don't want all that stuff to clash with your shiny new wheels. I say have the tool box, bumpers and frame chrome dipped. Problem solved!

...and send the bill to someone else...:)

-Andy

17. Dan

Dan Member

I would go with the steel for off roading. you can touch up the rims if they start to look shoddy. There is a little bit of shine to the center cap and lugnuts.

18. MeZ

MeZ Member

agreed! but still would be mad to see black wheels with a polish lip :D

19. Windmill

Windmill Member

I have to amend my choice. With balck and those wheels I guess you are not going to be drving on the streets. With chrome you are going to polish them alot. Just my opinion.

20. REPOSSU

REPOSSU New Member

I like them both, I think the best way to decide and copy and paste the rims on a large picture of your truck. Maybe someone here knows how to do that and see it first before spending the money. I know the rims shops have that service for cars.:D

Worst case buy the chrome and if you don't like have them powedercoated gloss black and leave some chrome lip on them like advised here before :)

21. greg0187

Too late. The black ones won in the poll.

22. REPOSSU

REPOSSU New Member

Well lets see some pics? I really want to see what they look like. Heck if you get tired of the black you can send them out to chrome :)

23. greg0187

Ordered them on Monday. Found a good deal at Jegs. $42 a piece including shipping.

-Greg

24. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

hey Greg
    our those tires for a skid steer loaded:D...these are going to look crazy on your jeep:D...you got to put pictures up when you get it all together. i picked black.
    wyatt

25. Colin

Colin Member

Gotta get the bright orange 16.5" steelies for a Bobcat. :D

26. greg0187

I looked. :D They didn't have my bolt pattern. + they wouldn't clear the calipers.

27. greg0187

The tires are called "Beefy Baby".:D They are a Loader/Skid tire. Its the smallest diameter tire that I could find (27x8.50) that was off-road/heavy duty that fit a 15" rim. I'm thinking about getting a tire groover to make them more aggressive.

-Greg

28. Colin

Colin Member

We've got some tires on our Bobcat that have a cool non-chevron style tread block. They last a long time on asphalt. They look kind of like the middle tire in this picture, but the tread blocks are larger.

Colin