1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you purchase a mini truck in the first place?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by downhere, Jul 14, 2011.

1. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

Yea, they're pretty much the bare minumum, a "pure truck" if you will.

I find it somewhat odd, on several occasions I've had people with trucks (or even in trucks) ask me what I use it for... I'm never sure what to say "uh trucking stuff around?" I mean the bed is literally the same size as 80% of the full size trucks on the road, plus it has the huge advantage of 3 foldable sides.

2. werase643

werase643 Member

I was looking for a cheap SAMURI.... bought my Carry on CL for less than a fair condition SAMI. I want to go in the woods and get firewood and dead deer.

I like the carry except for the 4x4 is actually 2x4 (yeah i know go buy the locker difs)
    If you get the truck in a bind....LF/RR or RF/LR twist the two wheels that have no weight in them just spin and the ones with weight on them just sit there and look sad. kinds pathetic getting stuck on a berm on the dirt road going to the creek that my POS hardbody has no problem on, as long as it is dry.

3. dpsrmag

dpsrmag Member

I owned 3 whipped out farm golf carts

I knew a dealer and replaced the carts. MUCH better... :D

4. Shrimp Daddy

Shrimp Daddy Member

I started out looking for side-by-sides as a more functional alternative to a new 4wheeler. Then my search travels led me to converted golf carts with lawnmower engines, lifts and larger tires. Then I saw a picture of a mini. Wow. Enclosed cab, heat, 4wheel hi-low, good gas mileage, light weight for stompin around doing yard work. Utilitarian garbage/scrap hauler, reasonably priced, what more could you ask for? Filling up once a month has been nice too.