1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this vacuum valve

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Alaska, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Alaska

Alaska New Member

Can someone provide me a little clarification on what this vacuum valve is and how is should operate correctly. I have been through the threads "Desperately need tuning help" and "Choke idle is too high" but not found a definite answer as to the correct performance of this valve. (I actually stole this photo from one of those threads)

My issue is the truck starts fine and idles up, but then stalls when cold, restarting 2 times usually fixes the issue. I think this is a delay valve that is not correctly delaying the opening of the choke, therefore the truck unchokes too soon and will not stay running. Any help on what this valve is and how it should operate would be helpful. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. rugerman

rugerman Member

I was told that these were standard vacuum check valves.

3. rugerman

rugerman Member

Alaska,

Explain how that would work if it were a delay valve. I replaced both of my check valves on my carb because there was absolutely no air flow either way. I put vaccum on both of them and nothing came through over time. I went t the extent of calling GR imports, and asking them about these. They stated that from what they knew they were standard check valves and if they need to replace them they use a universal check valve. Cannot rmember but I thought where they were coming from I felt needed flow to make a difference. I'll check where they are on my truck again.

4. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Does anyone know of anyone that would rebuild the carb on my DB51?

5. rugerman

rugerman Member

I had mine rebuilt by gr imports in Missouri. give them a call