1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this in the carburetor??

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by froek, Jan 30, 2011.

1. froek

froek Member

Hi all - what is this thing in my honda acty '92 carb, pointed by the *yellow* arrow? It has a spring loaded device underneath it.. I was having intermittent idle/sputtering/stalling and when I removed this, moved it around, and put it back the truck runs absolutely perfect.. what did I do?? :confused:

Thanks!!

p.s. I repurposed a previous posters image.

Attached Files:

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

If you go to www.minitrucksupplly.com and scroll down on left side of front page, click on resource and should be able to pull up a schematic of carb.

3. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

If I remember correctly that's the vacuum pull off for the choke. I'll check for sure when I go out to the shop tomorrow and let you know.

4. froek

froek Member

Great thank you!

5. froek

froek Member

I found one of your old photos on the site OldMachinist and it does appear you've identified it as the vacuum choke.. thanks! :)

6. OldMachinist

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday but I had to do some running around to get parts for a car I'm working on and had to get ready for the ice storm we're having today. Yes, I just looked at my spare carb and it's the choke pull off. You likely ether had a vacuum leak or it was stuck and messing with it fixed it. Ether way if it acts up again you'll know where to look.

7. froek

froek Member

Thank you for confirming! Now, if it is a vacuum leak somewhere, are those things best served by replacing the tubing? If it comes up again and appears to only be getting stuck all the time, is there some what to prevent this from happening in the future?

The truck has very low KM, if anything is broken it's due to sitting forever.

8. OldMachinist

You should use some carb cleaner to clean the choke linkage and butterfly. If its been sitting it may just be gummed up. I'd also put some fuel system cleaner in the tank to clean up any deposits inside the carb.

9. froek

froek Member

An update on my progress.. ever since popping off the cover and messing around with the choke pull my truck has been running absolutely perfect.. so happy! I did not do any carb cleaner (yet) but if it starts happening again I will probably throw that in there :)

Thanks!