1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this hose?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by NOLATAC, May 2, 2016.

1. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

I am not yet sure the year of my Suzuki Carry, but can anyone tell me what this hose is and what it is for? I see it in slightly different places on both my trucks and it appears to be missing from both.

It is the round about 2" wide tan one with all the mud caked in it. LOL IMG_1192.JPG IMG_1193.JPG

2. packrat

packrat Member

it goes between the heat shield on the exhaust manifold and the air intake control to give warm intake air during warm-up

Terry270 likes this.
  3. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

Thanks. They are rusted and missing on both of my trucks. Would any piece of same diameter hose work?

4. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Rip it out and junk it... not really needed.

If you must have, the local auto parts store should have suitable replacement sold by the foot, this type of setup was also used on most older USDM carb'd rides.

P.S. looks like you're about ready for a new set of plug wires too...

P.P.S... Trucks looks just like my '90 from that angle, gotta be pretty close to there somewhere.

Just saw your intro post edit... if that's the cammy one pretty sure '90.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  5. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

Thanks for the heads up. That is actually the green one. the seat belt tag says 1998

the one for the Cammy one, which has no hose at all, LOL, says 1990 on the tag

6. Terry270

Terry270 New Member

Yeah in southern Louisiana you won't have much need for that pipe lol

7. NOLATAC

NOLATAC Member

Is there any danger of water or debris coming into the metal part if it gets messy? Would it be smart to cap that part off?