1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Coast Steve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Replaced the steering bushing and the thermostat on the Every, ahh, heat ....

2. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I drove through 250 yards of slushy melting snow, got stuck a half dozen times and put my big fat deep lug ATV tires to the test! They pretty much passed with flying colors...

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

dreamed about driving it since i was away from home for 3 days

4. wreck

wreck Member

I put one on the passenger side a pillar and one below the radio.

5. joejapan

joejapan New Member

cussed at it. then called Mac Town for cv kits!

6. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Buried mine to the black band in the ditch,cleaned the windshield with a full cup of Timmie hoe's got pulled out and changed my shorts!
    Cleaned all the stuck on crud off the undercarrage pretty quickly!
    It was the best blonde moment I have had yet. Holding a coffee and down shifting on a grid road:frustration::D
    Need a third arm:)

7. Stuff99

looks like im gonna be driving it for a bit. rear shock busted off the van today..

8. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Maybe get one of those "camelback" water containers with the sippy tube like the mountain bikers use...wonder if they make an insulated version:p

9. joejapan

joejapan New Member

get a bottle from a hamster cage. we look like overgrown mice runnin on the wheel when we are driving them anyway!

10. Daner

Daner Member

This is what i did yesterday:D 11ft sled doesn't really fit in the back 159" track
    If i didn't have a tailgate it would have fallen off the back!
    Mini truck and sled are about the same length. I wish they both had 140+ hp!

And for anyone looking for the big chrome hitch balls they r in perty much every truck stop down here

Attached Files:

11. longview

longview Member

Come on spring!!

Put a full tank of premium in today....Come on spring! :D i really find it amusing the reactions you get from people when they see the sambar

12. Stuff99

love your grill guard!

13. Daner

Daner Member

i have pics of how i mounted it on this thread http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=8331 towards the end

It doubles as a pre skid plate cuz it is so low. I made it after dad smoked a big rock in the pasture got the truck hung up on it almost tore completely through the rear engine support and pulled the 4x4 shaft right out of the tranny:eek:... i think i have a pic of the shaft just hanging there. I know its low cuz when i park in town the drivers corner drags on the curb until i get out then it lifts off just a little bit. time for bigger springs

14. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Started my truck today after weeks of carb related idle problems, and it ran great :)

15. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

switched the airbox warm air diverter from winter mode.....be-gone devil winter hello spring:p with the Mira filling the garage in its "let's see what makes this think tick" state...there hasn't been much room to work on the trucks

16. Stuff99

gonna play magical vehicle chairs and park the mini van cause of the torn off shock and the plates run out on monday. then do some spring cleaning on the truck

17. Stuff99

used the old spare tire holder to attach them. They are solid plastic, no metal. should dangle nicely behind :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Daner

Daner Member

those look kinda off center! and you need a rear bumper!

19. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Lol. Thats a nice set of nuts! Thumbs up.

Kind of brings attention to your gimped tail-light though...be careful...that would be a ticket here...or worse...a vehicle inspection :(.

20. Stuff99

ya darn snow pile claimed it. gonna re-do them this spring me thinks. you can still see it clearly when lit.

got the Transformers logo on it today. The Liteace was the G1 of Ratchet. he was a van version and a medic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Kitty

Kitty Member

OMG, you're on TVP AREN'T YOU ?!

Small wordl Stuff99... :confused:

22. Stuff99

lol yup. so is Psilosin.

23. Kitty

Kitty Member

Awesome, makes me want one even more. :p

24. Stuff99

if you want best of both worlds get the liteace/townace or get the imported vans :p

i do recommend a turbo for highways

25. Kitty

Kitty Member

What about parts o.o My idea that s North American van, means more local parts. RHD parts are just too expensive right now for me. (Needs a new job):(

26. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Hey Kitty,

If you get a Liteace/Townace truck or van...you don't need to worry about parts...they are too awesome to ever break down! :p

27. Kitty

Kitty Member

I would be too paraanoid, ahhhh. :frustration:

28. Stuff99

lol well thanks to www.toyodiy.com and punching my frame # in there i have been able to look up the toyota part #. seems the Toyota Crown shared the same 2C engine and other toyota cars over here share the same drive line parts so far.

29. Kitty

Kitty Member

I figured that part out about the 2C, it's just that there's none in North America for me :( :(

30. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

If you are looking for the drivetrain to convert a north american Toyota Van chassis to a 2C-T turbo diesel then Mr. Herbie's (from TVP) Townace van 4WD is up for sale for parts. Rear end is smacked up but the engine etc is still all good. Should be an easy swap (well..as easy as any swap can be). Or you could alternatively do the needed bodywork and keep the Townace rockin and rollin...

here is the ad from Castanet. Located in Penticton, BC (just like me! lol)
    Mr. Herbie's Townace 2C-T Townace

Look around on TVP, you can see some of the work/mods he did to it.