1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Coast Steve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. BC_MMC

BC_MMC Member

All I'm going to do with my truck today is go out with a metal detector and try and find it in the snowdrifts.... and my F250, and I'll have to use an avalanche probe to find the Saturn Vue, it's all plastic.
    I added a steering wheel cover and those water-catcher floormats last week, but the thing doesn't get the floor warm enough to melt snow.

2. zardoz

zardoz Member

That looks like FUN

Nice looking truck you have there.

z

3. wreck

wreck Member

Did the first LED bulb swap of many coming up - Dome light. Waiting semi-patiently for the ebay stuff to show up.

4. wreck

wreck Member

Swapped in more LED's yesterday, Took out the gauge cluster to convert to mph, got halfway through radio install, got the front corner lights to work with the parking circut.

Today, Going to redo the rear bumper so I can use the factory plate location.

5. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

Got it muddy and fed it some fuel.

6. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

drove it to work instead of the van.

7. axle

axle Member

H2O keep away from thirst:D from my mt bike

Attached Files:

8. wreck

wreck Member

yesterday: Got the LED flasher installed and put the front led signal bulbs in.

converting the rear today. If anyone needs a tail light for a 95' Carry I'll have one for sale soon - Well 1 1/2 tail lights.

9. Stuff99

LOL thats awesome! yay for more cupholders

10. wreck

wreck Member

Great idea - One more thing for my list.

11. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

cool bottle mount:)

12. jbrskeet

jbrskeet New Member

Lights

Kinda new to the minitruck forum...but saw the post concerning lights and had a question...my tail lights to my 94 hijet are done. so i replaced them with trailer lights that i bought at lowes. the lowes lights have 3 wires (red, black, white). the wires coming to the lights have 6 on the right side, and 4 on the left. which wires go with witch? is this possible to do? or should i order new light assemblies?

any help would be great...thanks

13. wreck

wreck Member

You'll need a tail light converter to blend the amber blinker circuit into the tail/brake bulb.

What did I do to mine today? I installed a cheap ebay tail light converter that doesn't work right. Now I'm off to the parts store to get a decent one.

14. jbrskeet

jbrskeet New Member

so as for the color wires...which color goes with which? what kind of converter do you suggest?

15. wreck

wreck Member

16. wreck

wreck Member

I figured I'd post some pics of my recent changes.

Radio
    [​IMG]

Speakers - I learned that the door panels do not need to come off for this.
    [​IMG]

I ran the speaker wire through some fuel line to prevent breakage and chaffing
    [​IMG]

Speedo mph addition 10-20-30-etc - It's a scrap of orange pinstrip I got from a body shop.
    [​IMG]

Added some reflectorized red to add in visability - A red LED might get put in the hole.
    [​IMG]

Modified the rear bumper - It was a single 2.5 square tube when I got it. I had quite a bit of help from a couple friends on this.

This shot shows the LED tail light mod too - It's a scrap of door skin from the body shop that has been covered in the same red reflectorized film.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
    Acerguy likes this.
  17. fupabox

nice job...liking the rear bumper

18. Stuff99

looks neat!!

19. axle

axle Member

nice, i like the speaker mounting idea and the led tail lights:)

20. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice job! I especially like the speakers.

21. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I like the LED tails! Very nice... how'd you swing getting it plated? Wait maybe you'd better not tell :sly:

22. Stuff99

I bought a nice BIG set of chrome balls for my liteace. :D

ex
    [​IMG]

23. Dan

Dan Member

Nice! I've been looking around for those but can't find the REALLY BIG ONES...

24. wreck

wreck Member

I'm really liking the LED's too. With something this small it's all about visabliity IMO. I might get rid of the converter box and add 2 2.5" amber LED's where the rubber bumpers for the tail gate are.

25. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Just make sure your tailgate doesn't break the lenses... you know I used a similar semi-truck LED tail light to modify my motorcycle brake light and it had all the necessary wiring and capacitors and whatnot so I didn't have to run a converter or anything. The lamp cost me around $30.00 but it looks great, is bright as HELL and has been working wonderfully without any additional modification to the bike's electrical system... I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my truck at some point. Thankfully with the 2" lift and 26" wheels my truck is up HIGH and plenty visible :D I'm thinking I need to retrofit some HID projectors from a Honda S2000 or mini cooper into my headlights though, although the lights are really bright they point into oncoming traffic pretty badly...

26. wreck

wreck Member

If you look at the side rear shot I should be fine. The bumper sticks out just far enough to save the lights.

27. Stuff99

I found mine at a gag store called Spencer's. the large ones are $20 and the small ones are $10

28. Socal Sonny

Socal Sonny Member

I got my Hijet a set of license plates.. It is officially street legal in California :D

Stuff99 likes this.
  29. axle

axle Member

hahaha nice :D. i should have take a pic of mine and fab it with bronze metal.

30. fupabox

sweet....congrats:)