1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Coast Steve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. wheelio

wheelio New Member

6.5x2"doorpod.jpg
    I've installed lots of car stereos over the years and I couldnt resist this challenges of this small space. I Installed 6.5" coaxial speakers in pods on the doors of my 94 hijet. They sound pretty good even with the cheap shallow plastic Boss Audio head unit i got off amazon. Its always the speakers and their placement that make all the difference. Everything else is designed to match and drive the speakers (amps, crossovers, enclosures, power requirements, fuses etc...). I can fade between the little paper cone in the dash and the big speakers in the doors and because that little speaker cracks me up I'm leaving it. might be fun to design a 7th order band pass Subwoofer box to mount under the cab and vent to cab but i would need to measure the trucks acoustics first and It would be lots of math to do though, maybe this winter. Low frequency transducers on the back wall might work well in this location. Has anyone done that?
    oops, look like someone spilled their pop on the dash panel when it launched from his lap during a brake check. gotta remember to install cup holder and clean that up.Btw where are all your cup holders mounted?

Attached Files:

2. mad659

mad659 Member

I did that to mine also plus added some 1" tweeters on the dashboard and a kicker amplified subwoofer behind the drivers seat. Sounds really good.
    If you look up a Japanese brochure you will see that there is a factory ovehead rack tha goes on the jumbo a cab where you can see some factory speakers attached. I just made such rack and putting some 4" midrange speakers in a 6x9 enclosure. Should add a nice touch to the system. What radio did you end up using?

3. wheelio

wheelio New Member

Boss audio 612 i think was looking for a shallow cheap radio w/bluetooth.
    I purchased the radio here
    https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Systems-612UA-Multimedia-Stereo/dp/B07MMP54JR/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=612+car+stereo&link_code=qs&qid=1592699864&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-7&tag=mozilla-20&th=1

and the speaker pods here
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QNRTC4B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. siren676

siren676 New Member

Picked up 2 tonnes of dirt for the garden over the weekend over 4 trips

104804453_938252330011502_3458483702949821796_n.jpg

5. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Wheelio,
    Nice job on the speakers! Looks great!
    Limestone

6. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Siren,
    That looks like some pretty good soil! I need, and been wantin to do that. I had planned this wknd. but a fridge went down, always something!
    Limestone

7. siren676

siren676 New Member

First 2 loads were regular top soil and that one was garden mix, handled the half cubic meter(~500kg) ok, granted it's just 50kph zones between home and the garden center.

Limestone likes this.
  8. Bongo_Bongo

Bongo_Bongo New Member

Image 2020-07-06 at 9.10 PM (2).jpg Had the truck fully bed-lined army/khaki green.

Limestone and installater like this.
  9. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Looks pretty cool!:cool: SARGE!!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  10. Bongo_Bongo

Bongo_Bongo New Member

Thanks Limestone. Now I just need to decide if it needs some military style decals or if I should leave it clean and uncluttered, decisions...decisions!

11. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Naturally, it's your ride and your decision! I like it how it is!

Bongo_Bongo likes this.
  12. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Filled it up, and I’m now getting about 40-mpg putting around town at low speed. Last fill up was showing 51-mpg, and I was pretty sure I had missed putting a fill up in the database.

But with this one, it seems that the tuneup, and getting the carb set right, coupled with not doing two miles of full throttle acceleration runs every day, has had a drastic impact on the fuel economy.

This is the second one with far better mileage than I was getting. So, I think I’ll trust it.

Limestone likes this.
  13. installater

installater Member

Stumbled over the stock T& Ws' this am Decided they needed to go some where else, then I remembered had some spray paint
    left and might as well use it. I will use em back and forth with my better set, but tires are good so why not and will see if theres
    any difference in the running of the truck

Attached Files:

14. siren676

siren676 New Member

Knocked down a tree for a colleague, can fit a ridiculous amount on these little trucks, always puts a smile on the peoples place at the dump.

107894655_308801017169718_7678126857147915771_n.jpg

Limestone likes this.
  15. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

First time I ran mine to the dump, I took a large load of cardboard. They make you stack it in an enclosed warehouse, where their cardboard bailer is. The office and scale are on the side of the building, with a door into the warehouse area.

So, I backed in and hit the dump button. The gal in the office, heard teh hydraulics, and came charging through the door, thinking I was running the baler.

The look on her face, as she saw the elevated bed, and realized it was a dump truck was priceless.

siren676 and Ohkei Dohkei like this.