1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Coast Steve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. ttc

ttc Active Member

Look into tipping your steering wheel forward. I did it to my hijet so I can get out and in easier

2. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

It already was adjusted lol. (Edit: At least he said it was, looking in the pictures now I don't think so. But if it is in the end, it would help more) Stock wheel is still practically in your lap. Original and still happening idea is to use the removable one from the RX7. Raises it, is a tad smaller so not pressed up against you, and can take off to get out. I got in and it was not in the way at all. Raised in the seat however, you have more of a feeling you are in a small sports car with a low roof as it is about 5 inches from the top of my head. Though if I sit completely rigid and upright on the seat frame when it has a board on it, my head can touch the top. Planning on lowering the seating on the sides to have more room I believe the mechanic plans on doing.

The RX7 front and the rear wheels and suspension are mocked up now. Got independent coilover suspension in the rear now thanks to that. And with a dummy driveshaft it can start up (all by the key) and roll the rear wheels. Still straight piped exhaust, but I had bought dual Magnaflow exhausts to help with that.

Will post pictures... but anyone know how to post Facebook videos on here? If not it just is the links then right? Videos are on the shop's public FB page so will post a link to it all you guys can watch if able.

This is the page with all the videos... hopefully it works and you all can hear that lovely screaming rumble until the exhaust gets built! https://www.facebook.com/jrodsgarage02/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Styles9423 likes this.
  3. Utah997

Utah997 New Member

Finally finished my Hecruliner DIY bed liner project. The plan is to actually paint the entire truck with gun metal grey bedliner. I bought the tintable kit from Raptor (spray on) but decided to do the bed in black and went with the roll on kit. $89 bucks at the auto parts store. About 2 hours of prep, and another hour per coat. image1.jpeg image2.jpeg

4. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Wasn't what I did to my truck, but what I did to my steel shed. Remodeled it. Wider doors, sealed the roof, ripped out the floor and put down some limestone.

IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0981.JPG

5. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Perfect!

IMG_0986.JPG

6. Put the plow on. 82E9097D-787E-4685-B38C-E822242DA47B.jpeg

Need to add some sand to the bed tomorrow to get the weight distribution balanced back to 50/50.

7. Looking at your pictures, I noticed your roof rack. Can you give me info on it? I want to add one to mine to mount a couple of lights on.

8. Cole

Cole Member

Just about have my winter rig ready!!

Attached Files:

9. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

I got mine through Rakuten... if you look through, you'll see ones similar to what I have. Or there are others. They don't have a lot of weight capacity to them but they are good for a spare tire, and a jack stand or two.
    https://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?tl=410686&k=hijet&l-id=search_regular

10. Thanks for the link.

11. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Np! Glad to have helped. Depending on the seller though, some won't sell overseas as all are mostly based in Japan. But there is a option in the adv search for that. Think all found in the link ships overseas to the states or anywhere else.

12. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Apologies for the double post. This is a more recent picture of how RotaJet is doing. Runs and rolls forward and backwards under its own power. Waiting on a steering wheel hub adapter so the shop came move forward to getting it to turn better to account for how big the tires are and how they stick out. Plus, many more to come. 25398856_10155952238399931_3316761959238840038_n.jpg

13. Got it out on the highway and upto 60-mph. Had to run out to the truck scales so I could wiegh it to see how much weight I needed to add in the bed to balance the load. Don’t get much chance to actually use 4th and 5th gear without being in low range.

Then, I added 480 pounds of sand in the back, to get the weight distribution back to 50/50 with the plow hanging off the front. Without the weight the rear wheels really want to spin.

A tip to other folks thinking of increasing th spring rate: the springs designed for use one coil over shocks work on our trucks. And, they make them in variable rates. So, you can get a spring that is just a little higher than stock, which lifts you a bit, and isn’t very joking when you’re unloaded. But gets stiffer as the suspension compresses, so you can run heavier loads without bottoming out the springs. I bought my truck to plow with, and have a set of 250-450 springs on it. They are a little light, for the plow I bought, and if I did it again I’d probably look at a 275-500 if I did it again.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  14. Styles9423

Styles9423 New Member

Spray on Ute liner in the cab. Should help to stop paint wearing out on the wheel arches when getting in and out.
    Will do the tray next week.

Attached Files:

15. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Nice! I did something like that with my Hijet. It is the heat lowering type and have it around the whole cab. Looks good but I might have to respray around the foot wells as they are a little warn down there from my shoes.

16. ttc

ttc Active Member

Nice I need to look into doing this as I have touched up the paint only to rub it off but I get in and out alot. Tuskano did you notice it helped with the engine noise?

17. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

No, still gets really loud in the cab when I drive. But it does feel cooler inside when it gets hot last I remember driving in warm weather. I have it all around the interior of the cab including the top. Only thing though is I have no headliner, all just thin metal up there.

18. ttc

ttc Active Member

How is the engine swap working out?

Tuskano likes this.
  19. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Lol... it's still in progress. The last picture I posted is it's most recent picture. Still has the cooling system needing to be worked out, steering, interior of the cab needs finished, and a possible wide body kit. But it's almost there.

20. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Some mockups the shop has been doing for the Hijet body kit. I am loving how it is going to look. Also, pictures of the removable steering wheel adapter. Last picture is... the drive shaft! Look how tiny it is to a normal car (long one is a E30 BMW) haha.

Attached Files: