1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Coast Steve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Akbillybow

Akbillybow Member

The topper was custom built by a topper /camper builder here in Alaska. It is very handy!!

AkBillyBow

2. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Well, yesterday I played in the snow. Had to go to a site where no clearing had been done...whooohooo!...dragging her belly the entire way, but still clawed through it just fine.

3. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

I think I remember seeing them for sale somewhere. Was like 8k for a nice one I think. I've been looking for something like this. Apparently they wont ship overseas because of weight :(.

Nice! No snow in Washington state where I am at, but it is plenty raining. Only have a lowered scooter to get me around. Riding in the rain is a new experience for me.

Well, I am going to be not able to drive for awhile. Last friday my master cylinder died on me. My brakes don't hold pressure anymore and the pedal sinks to the floor when I press on it. My replacement should be here by next tuesday. The master cylinder is under the dashboard on the driver's side correct? Pretty much behind where I service the brake fluid? I got nothing atm that tells me exactly where it is so I'll be looking up in there soon for it.

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

Oh I seen them covers and I like!

5. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Freezing rain here last night....makes for some fun driving with the truck :) Thank goodness for 4x4!

6. ttc

ttc Active Member

was out today on some quad trails until i came to the gated area behind my land. it was open but the land owners (local logging) want you to register with them if you wish to use the trail network. This sign had a contact number so my wife called and they also put on an informal course on traveling on their logging roads then for a fee you get a key and maps to all there land. we did enter only to get to a turn around area. need to get some quad tires for my stock rims! and make a skid plate.

7. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Well, mine is settling into life as a daily commuter. Had 8 large Coleman coolers and 5 sandbags in the box the other day (all in one layer too!)...not bad for a "little" truck.

I've also been having fun in the snow again...we got another 2" / 5 cm here over the weekend, so some of the roads were a little more fun today. Had a chance to enjoy some power sliding / drifting around corners on the way to work today :D

8. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Ohhh, I have just done little burnouts at stoplights/signs with my truck. I wish it snowed even just a little where I am at in WA. Still have been waiting on a new mastercylinder this past week though, so all I have been doing is riding my lowered 50cc scooter in cold wind and light rain. The scooter has been a trooper so far.

9. darisb

darisb Member

Last night I replaced the plugs, distributor cap, rotor, air filter and fuel filter. Originally I wanted a standard, but after last night I am glad I let my wife talk my in to a dump bed.

10. ttc

ttc Active Member

First real snow here yesterday. I took the hijet to work because my winters are set in the driveway to get installed on my vw. Took it again today. Looks like I will be changing the battery. Cranks fin in the warm not so fine after 0c. Also may have to look at tgw starter as it takes a couple cycles of the key to get the solenoid to snap and the starter to crank. And yes the dump box rocks for engine access from the top.

11. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Gave my little Kaiju a test here yesterday. After sitting at the office for a few days (needed a work truck for on site) in cold temps and getting buried under another 4" of snow over the course of several days, it was time to get home for the weekend. Took a few pedal pumps to prod it to life, but fire up she did. Once it got a little more warmed up, it was happy and content to putt-putt its way home through the snow :)

12. ttc

ttc Active Member

Looks like my starter solenoid doesnt like the cold... Nor does the original battery from Japan. Need to measure to see what is the biggest battery I can fit in the battery box.

13. ttc

ttc Active Member

Wife got me the superwinch Terra 3500 that is on sale at princess auto. Now to figure out how and where to mount it. May ditch the front bumper and cab a metal one.

14. ttc

ttc Active Member

Think I will also pick up some play sand from home depot to throw in the box for added weight

15. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

I have one of those new red optima batteries in mine. Not sure how different our boxes are, but the only difference is my cover is farther out and I use a belt to keep it closed.

16. ttc

ttc Active Member

I don't have the hijet battery cover.. Never came on my truck. May have to look it my auction pics as it may of gotten stolen in transit like my mirrors and driver inside door handle

17. Mark price

Mark price New Member

Put on a set of 275 lbs springs in preparation for the plow I'm building. It gained an 1.5 inches. I'm sure it will settle some.
    Forgot to mention that it's a 95 hijet.

18. ttc

ttc Active Member

Nice post up a build thread!

19. darisb

darisb Member

After I replaced the fuel filter, plugs, cap and rotor, my Hijet was idling really low after it warmed up. I tried to adjust the carb, but the mixture screw would not turn. I spent all week soaking it in Liquid Wrench and WD40. Yesterday, I was able to get the mixture screw loose and adjust the carb. It's idling perfectly now.

20. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Today I helped a friend move...first up, the new sofa and loveseat...

14513354775471163531092.jpg

I love these little trucks :)