1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Coast Steve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Done

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  2. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Done

3. OhDeer

OhDeer Active Member Supporting Member

Whoah! Where did you get that console? Thats pretty cool.

4. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Amazon.jp

t_g_farrell likes this.
  5. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

New rock lights…

Drain likes this.
  6. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Done

7. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

@CVP33 Ah man you shouldn't have shown me the https://www.amazon.co.jp/ site. Thats all I needed was another place to look for van goodies. Lookin good.

CVP33 likes this.
  8. Kevin in NC

Kevin in NC Member Supporting Member

Happy Memorial Day weekend Y'all! I think I may have finally figured out how to post photos. Anyway, I painted my Suzuki camo using stencils from Red Leg Camo. I still need to paint the underside, mount new tires, line the bed, fabricate a rear bumper, etc., etc., etc..
    Kevin in NC Camo Suzuki.jpg

installater and CVP33 like this.
  9. Kevin in NC

Kevin in NC Member Supporting Member

FYI... the Red Leg pattern I used was "Original Timber" and they showed only a base coat, one splotch color and black stripes. I did a base coat of olive drab, then used the RL stencil with alternating splotches of Krylon flat tan and Rustoleum flat brown. Topped it with the RL stencil of vertical squiggles of flat black. It would have been nice to have a helper to hold the stencils flush against the body. Oh well, it's done now. This one is going to be a work truck on the farm. I got a title for it a few days ago but don't plan to put it on the road.
    Kevin in NC

10. t_g_farrell

Went to a Dollar Tree and scored these for the van. My van never had a flare so the flashlight pops right into the flare holder under the glove box. I got 2 of the MatchBox mini trucks, giving one to a buddy so he can say he has a mini! LOL Not bad for spending $2.50.

dollar_tree_scores.jpg

CVP33 likes this.
  11. Arty

Arty Active Member

Good one! My flare has seen better days, so this is a neat idea!

CVP33 likes this.
  12. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Done

t_g_farrell likes this.
  13. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Done

Drain likes this.
  14. Arty

Arty Active Member

Yup. That spoiler is going to make a difference!?!? - Especially above 100mph.

CVP33 and installater like this.
  15. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Done

Drain likes this.
  16. t_g_farrell

I added a roof rack so we can carry our 2 PDL Kayaks around to other launch areas. Got the rack on amazon here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079K8PGS5?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

[​IMG]

They claim 7 in of clearance but was really only 6.5 in, so I had to drill some new holes to move the bar up and inch or so to clear the high van roof. Note that this picture shows the first set I drilled and its a bit off center (oh well!). Very sturdy and easy to install.

rack_mount_detail.jpg

Heres the full picture:

racks_mounted.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    CVP33 likes this.
  17. t_g_farrell

CVP33 likes this.
  18. t_g_farrell

The last thing I did was pick up an LED flash light at the dollar store to use as my roadside flare:

flare_standing.jpg

It clips right into the flare holder under the glove box on the side wall:

flare_mounted.jpg

CVP33 likes this.
  19. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Done

20. OhDeer

OhDeer Active Member Supporting Member

My Sambar didn't have tailgate chains, so I made some fancy anti-rattle ones. Took me longer to figure out what to search for on the cover than it did to assemble them, so not much of a project. I needed "tubular nylon webbing"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

t_g_farrell, Kevin in NC and CVP33 like this.
  21. t_g_farrell

What happens with the chains if rear and sides are both down? Just curious.

22. SHopkins

SHopkins New Member

Swapped out plug wires today after a connection to a spark plug completely separated from the wire. Sourced these at NAPA, these were less expensive, and look pretty good. Also popped right onto the spark plug with no issue.

Got a custom Japanese plate in and got that installed on the nose, I really dig it. I believe it's more or less correct for a kei truck in Japan.

And also got some very nice wheels for it. Volk CE28N, 4x100 14x5.5 +36 w/ Federals in 155/65r14, REALLY love how this install came out. Only lost about 10mm inner clearance, and gained 28mm in outer position. These really helped the road manners, it's not as harsh a ride over rough tarmac, and the truck feels more stable. They're also extremely lightweight. Despite the bigger dimensions over stock, this wheel/tire combo sheds some weight. Roughly 2-3lbs per corner.

Attached Files:

CVP33 likes this.
  23. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Done

t_g_farrell and SHopkins like this.
  24. SHopkins

SHopkins New Member

I love the "Low Output" sticker. :)

CVP33 likes this.
  25. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

I have 2 extra if anyone wants one…$8 is what I paid for each.

Nautydog1 likes this.
  26. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Noe all you need is the warning sticker next to window riser handles, saying: “DO NOT LOWER WINDOW AT SPEEDS ABOVE MACH 0.56”

Limestone and CVP33 like this.
  27. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Thats why I installed the side vent shades. The vortex created makes the operational up to 200mph.

Jigs-n-fixtures likes this.
  28. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Done

29. Drain

Drain Supporting Moderator Supporting Moderator Supporting Member

I got my truck in January and the oil and air filters were clean enough, but I finally got around to replacing them plus the fuel filter tonight.

1. What a difference, noticably more pep going up hills!

2. The fuel filter had chassis paint on it, which tells me it's the original from 30 years ago. 0_0

3. The cute little fuel filter clip disintegrated in my hand. Annoying.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  30. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Sometimes Filters can look clean to the Neked eye, but particulates invisible to the Neked eye,
    can hinder your filters performance!
    It's always automatic when I pick up anything with a motor;
    First thing Inspect, and change Filters!
    I've observed Humans for too long who say they clean, change Filters, and Do Maintenance, but they Lie and Don't!!!
    Always; Buyer beware, and be prepared!
    Limestone