1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Coast Steve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol yup brand stinking new!

i got mine dirty lol
    [​IMG]

2. Stuff99

why a blinker under there?

3. Daner

Daner Member

I second that emotion... I mean question:)

4. Stuff99

1/4 yard of crushed rock

[​IMG]

5. Daner

Daner Member

I think you need some airbags to level that thing out!

6. werase643

werase643 Member

scored some 250# springs off of flea bay and installed them
    also made some shackles and raised the rear 2 inches

i guess i'm not fat enough to compress the springs much

7. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

lol that's looking near the limit:)

8. Stuff99

It was very wet! also those are just P rated tires on it now. gotta find some meaty LT tires some day...

on a brighter note i now have a level driveway that doesnt require me to go into 4x4 and crawl in and out of every time!

9. Stuff99

correction.. the road side has sunk now.. so now i drag the front bar on the curb getting in and out of my driveway... sonofa... time to find some crappy stuff to throw on whats left of the street i guess..

Also had fun getting the truck even more dirty today lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Daner

Daner Member

Yeah I heard the roads are just complete crap. I'm in Fargo now where It's 60 and nice. Back home I guess they still have snow the roads are starting to flood over and all the nice oil trucks make the roads nice and smooth. You can imagine 50-60 trucks going by every day on gravel roads that are completely saturated. It kinda makes me not wanna go home for a while.

11. longview

longview Member

nice day in ontario!

finished up the back end of the truck today.....spring might finally be here :)

still have to do the mud flap steel...looking at the picture i can see some light coming through the bottom of the tailgate looks like i missed some white ( but i didn't)

[​IMG]

12. socsmm6

socsmm6 Member

hey longview, what kind of tires do you have?

13. longview

longview Member

tires

i have 2 sets:
    my on road tires are goodyear nordics (155/80/13)
    off road are 6/12 tractor tires

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  14. Kitty

Kitty Member

15. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I put in a new battery! And the look on the face of they guy at the parts store trying to read the info on the old battery was classic. I just said, "let's just go look at what you have and find the biggest one that will fit in the space". Did have to put on new terminal of course (easy) and will need to make a new hold down rod. :)

[​IMG]

16. Stuff99

bigger is better!

17. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I thought so. Especially since my long term plan includes some auxiliary lighting that hopefully will fall under the "wretched excess" category. :D

18. stumper

stumper Member

Began my quest to gather parts for my Mitzi today. I have a distributor on the way!!! NOW, where am I going to find the cheapest Dist cap? 96 u42t

19. Kitty

Kitty Member

La di da da da

I need to change the dizzy coil wire and get a tune up with new front pads. :pop:

Might be rocking a new van too.

20. Stuff99

I realized on the way to work that its time to wash the truck.. i forgot it in 4wd (driveway is a pain atm) and got on the highway and the tires are so out of balance from all the mud and rocks...

21. longview

longview Member

more progress

painted the engine cover and back of cab, then installed aux lights (not wired in yet) and re-installed aluminum tool box ( after being painted)...... after looking at this picture...BOY DO I NEED TO CLEAN THE GARAGE! but no time for that i have to work on the truck:D

[​IMG]

22. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Put my big truck to work!

Hauling junk, heavy wood and just being very handy.
    That's all 10 foot lumber on there, 108 2x6's and 12 wet 6x6's

It was a heavy load

Attached Files:

23. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Awesome! That is quite the haul of wood. Makes me think about trading up. I had 40 2X8x12 and 4 6x6 and I had about 1mm of suspension travel left in the rear lol (granted the tires I have now are 4-5" diameter bigger than stock so there wasn't as much room from tire to bed to begin with anymore)

24. Stuff99

true that makes me wish i had a bigger truck! id be tempted if someone came along with the right offer lol.

as for mine, i washed it. got the mud off, got it out of the rims, and pressure washed the floor inside as it was covered in clay mud... yay for a rubber sealed floor!

25. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Well think about mine then. (club deal)!

I'm upgrading to a 3 or 4 ton dropside, (cranes are too expensive)

$10,000 for my truck is a good deal and it's in really great shape.

I'm going down a lot for a quick sale

Had it for $13,000 and had lots of calls but we live away from the city so no lookers.
    A new one for me will be about $16,000 I think.

I'll put it up for $11,900 next week I think

26. wreck

wreck Member

Made a gas can hold down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added a junk box for oil, straps, etc. It's an old laundry soap bucket I cut down.
    [​IMG]

Added a clock to the dash in the factory A/C plug on the passenger side as the radio I have doesn't have one built in. It's not the most convient location but there isn't exactly a 100 places to put one in this thing.

[​IMG]

Got rid of the Fast & Furious air filter and went to something closer to a factory setup. Hopefully this one will work better in blowing snow & the carwash.

Went from this:
    [​IMG]

To this:
    I found something that worked in the factory box - I have the part number if anyone needs it. The white disc at the end is a 5" wall cleanout plug. The end is a rubber dog dish from the fleet store. A little aluminum sheet, some 1x1/8 flat bar at the edge where the box was cut and a little pre-filter screen just for good measure. The whole works cost me about $10 & now I have a filter that I can get locally.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  27. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

wow! Thats awesome wreck. Someone's got some fabrication skillz.

28. Stuff99

Steve, as much as id love to steal your truck :p income tax bent me over too far this year...

wreck, that looks like it was a pretty good setup. was it just too open for water and snow?

As for me.. i washed it. just in time for it to snow..

click for big
    [​IMG]

Also my park avenue i put plates on it.. just to have it snow...

click for big
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  29. wreck

wreck Member

The white pipe just sat against the stock airbox base & let a lot by. Yeah it was way too open, On a windy night snow would blow in and choke it off. I went through an automatic car wash and it soaked it, It even gets wet at a coin-op wash if I rinse out the wheel wells. It was also really loud. I'm not sure if I lost any power by closing it up or not, It's tough to tell.

30. starpuss

starpuss Member

:(

got my Qa1 springs today. was going to go out side to install them.. and WTF! it's snowing!!!!