1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watanabe rims - please help me out .

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by chickendumpling, Aug 10, 2010.

1. .................................

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Chicken, I don't know if you're going to be able to fit a 6.5" rim there withough some serious flares, even in a FWD offset of like +45. Even with these, you'd need a spacer and some longer studs I think .... Nice rims though, my personal favourites!

3. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Chicken, I'd say that either the 13" or 14" F8F would work in +45mm FWD offset, however, you may need a spacer and longer studs to clear the strut/spring. It's going to be hard to say until you try it. The bigger problem I see is the tire. To make that work on the Carry, the dude used a 165/60/14 tire, where'n the heck are you going to find a DOT one? I have a set of non DOT ones in the shed and they are tiny!

4. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Yah, I saw those Chicken, I still think that the tires in 14" will be the issue. You need some small/low profile tires that we don't have in DOT over on this side of the water. I went through hell just to find a set of 175/60/13's in North America and settled for what I could find first ....

5. o8k

o8k Member

i have 12" ATV rims that are 7" wide 5/2 back spacing. fit just fine. I have some 3/8" wheel spacers and a 2.5" lift which make the tires i have on those rims fit the vehicle better though.